F1 2010 Pointy car and how to make the back end step out?

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
I have progressed on to using no TC and manual etc. I did a round of setup tweaks for my quick online races, as some were a bit off. I read something that Andrew Bortz mentioned about making the car pointy and getting the back end to step.

Now, I don't really know what pointy is and I've only managed to make the back end step out at the end of a corner, however while driving one particular track, I was taking a corner and a couple of the corners, I got the back end to step out slightly during the corner while putting a bit of throttle on or something, this enable me to go round the corner rather faster than normal.

Unfortunately, I don't know what I did and how to recreate this with other tracks. Can someone enlighten me further please.

Basicaly pointy = the front end turning easier than normal going where you want it to with no real issues

To recreate the back end stepping out isnt really down to setup or not for the most part, I would say you only really are able to recreate it when your driving on the edge of the cars capabilities

For instance going into a corner the downshifts especially through a slight bend may cause the back end to step but is really hard to make it happen consistantly.

Through a bend and the exiting is the hardestt to learn and manage as for the majority when your back end steps out you go to far and lose it every time, its about the little tweaks of the steering wheel knowing where the next bump is in the corner and how its gonna make the car handle, to the outsider looking ove rthe shoulder your not going to notice the fine tuning of steering through a corner. There is no real number on how many corrections its all down to the track your driving on some are more bumpy than others.

The third one is basically just overdriving the car much the same as the one above but this is purely down to throttle control actually you can probably incorporate this into the 2nd one.

One thing I can do pretty regularly out of 1st/2nd gear corners that end rather sharp is to increase the throttle while turning, whenever you do so on a slow speed turn you introduce some oversteer because the rear end wants to move out from behind. This can make turns alot faster, but you have to know where the grip limit maxes out otherwise you will spin. The other thing is its unhelpful on slow turns that open up, in that situation understeer may actually be faster, focus on turning the steering wheel less as you exit and a steady throttle.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 194 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 379 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 518 38.7%