Pointless to get rFactor now?

• Thread starter Herman Hermansen
  • Start date
H

Herman Hermansen

• Herman Hermansen

Hello. I have owned probably every other sim than rFactor and i'm considering getting it, but is it worth it when rFactor 2 so close?

Yeah good point Gary. Any sim game from the last few years will give you hours and hours of fun. And rfactor has developed into a very stable very good platform, if you get it you will enjoy it for sure, but if you like to have the latest and greatest, then wait a little more.

And when rf2 beta comes out it wont have as much content as rf1 for a while, and probably some bugs will have to be ironed out. So rf1 is still a very good purchase. It just depends on what you are looking for.

there are so many amazing mods for rf1..i'd say get it...with the proper mod you can get some hard core physics that are absolutely worth trying:)...netkar has good physics too ,but i think the whole platform is generaly flawed so overall i go with rf.

There isn't enough content on rFactor 2 yet with no major mods released and very few cars/tracks in the actual Beta Release.

rFactor is a definate "must-have" sim as there are loads of mods on rFactor that can be downloaded and each mod can be a completely different sim.

Go for it. The sheer number of mods and circuits will keep you busy for a long time. Who care's if it's not 'the latest' - it's still very good and will all be a new experience for you regardless. I've had rF since the week it was released and am in no hurry to get rF2. Fact is I would still end up spending much of my time on rF anyway until some of my favorite mods are updated. Plus I can easily run rF on my current rig at max settings - I'm probably looking at an upgrade to be able to get the most out of rF2 and am just not ready for that financially.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 256 13.4%