Podium DD's VS Simucube 2's

Hi guys, the past while I was trying to find good comparisons between these two models of dd's. Has anyone tested both ? I understand that the software for these aren't complete yet but is there any clear winner here ? thanks.

What actually happend to it ?

It stopped recognizing my wheel rims and thinks nothing is attached - so, no buttons, and no FFB. The wheel base is also being a bit flaky and sometimes showing up in an error state in device manager. I tried everything I could think of - drivers, firmware, USB ports, etc.

I suspect the motor itself is fine, but the electronics have failed somewhere... I’ll post an update when I know more.

Upvote 0
It stopped recognizing my wheel rims and thinks nothing is attached - so, no buttons, and no FFB. The wheel base is also being a bit flaky and sometimes showing up in an error state in device manager. I tried everything I could think of - drivers, firmware, USB ports, etc.

I suspect the motor itself is fine, but the electronics have failed somewhere... I’ll post an update when I know more.
Good luck with getting it sorted .

Upvote 0
Wow! Basically it sounded like he said SC1 < DD2 <<< SC2

Given that he was just using the stock iRacing settings and felt that strongly, I'm getting very excited to try mine out! I just spent the last two hours in iRacing and I'm really keeping my fingers crossed that this is as good as some of these guys are saying.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

It has nothing to do with credit.
Simucube 1 introduced reconstruction filter to increase iRacing signal fidelity, it was a real game changer helping SC1 sales. I didn't hear Fanatec implemented anything similar, guess it would have been on the box if they did.
But could be just something I have missed as haven't monitored development on their side that closely. Where did Beano mention that Podium has recon filter or it was Thomas?

Upvote 0
It has nothing to do with credit.
Simucube 1 introduced reconstruction filter to increase iRacing signal fidelity, it was a real game changer helping SC1 sales. I didn't hear Fanatec implemented anything similar, guess it would have been on the box if they did.
But could be just something I have missed as haven't monitored development on their side that closely. Where did Beano mention that Podium has recon filter or it was Thomas?
I have no idea if Fanatec are using something like the Reconstruction filter or not but, remember, there's tons of settings in a motor's/controller's firmware that affect the motor's behaviour/performance. Who knows what they've done at that level.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

I believe with irffb 360hz one does not benefit as much from recon as with direct 60hz.
Not iRacer myself but read on that in SC discussions.

Upvote 0
I believe with irffb 360hz one does not benefit as much from recon as with direct 60hz.
Not iRacer myself but read on that in SC discussions.
Theoretically speaking, yes but some people have reported it's better to not use irffb and have the Simucube take care of the processing. Also, the reconstruction filter is good to use in all sims; it helps give the FFB a bit more of a natural, rubbery feel.

Upvote 0
There is a lot in that video. Interesting that he complained about Barry being "too easy" on manufacturers. Specifically he does not consider the DD2 competitive with the SC2 and thinks Barry was candy coating things.

However he did call himself out as one of the DD2 guys defending their rigidity in the thread below Barry's video, but went on to say that he thought he could feel the flex in his Fanatec F1 wheel. So he's had a complete reversal in opinion in a short period of time.

Key points:
The DD2 was not plugin play like he assumed it to be and he considered that assumption misleading.
The felt like the SC2 was exactly the same complexity to setup.
He felt like his DD2 approved wheels were coming loose after a couple weeks of use and were making cracking noises from the beginning.

I have to say I'm feeling pretty good about deciding to make a clean break from my Fanatec wheels.

Upvote 0
I dont understand the flexing. Now it's not just flexing but creaking too? I've had a large Mige OSW & SC1 for 3 years - almost the entire time with Fanatec rims and their quick release (SimRacingBay Fanatec wheelside QR) - and have no issues.

Upvote 0
I dont understand the flexing. Now it's not just flexing but creaking too? I've had a large Mige OSW & SC1 for 3 years - almost the entire time with Fanatec rims and their quick release (SimRacingBay Fanatec wheelside QR) - and have no issues.

My Fantatec McLaren GT3 wheel makes noises on my CS 2.5. I didn't notice it until I got into the rather violent ABS brakes in the Dallara F3 car in iRacing. That was pretty violent shaking.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back