Podium DD's VS Simucube 2's

Hi guys, the past while I was trying to find good comparisons between these two models of dd's. Has anyone tested both ? I understand that the software for these aren't complete yet but is there any clear winner here ? thanks.

• Deleted member 197115

It's just complexity of that so called "tuning" is really blown out of proportion.
There are literally just few important sliders, sims with decent FFB to begin with are good in a raw or close to raw form already.
- Details vs smoothness is controlled by Reconstruction Filter
- Oscillation and wheel weight by Constantly operating Damper, Friction and Inertia filters. Kunos titles and R3E don't need oscillation control as have gyro, still little Damper is useful to make wheel feel less reactive.
- The rest can be safely ignored.

Now there are in game settings which are more important and not covered by online hosted profiles.

I can see it may be temporary useful for new comers before they learn a thing or two about the wheelbase, but not for a long term users. Plus there is no "golden standard" for FFB feel, everyone has own preferences, some like it stronger, some weaker, some crave for every bit of details, some want smooth riding on balloons like feel.

And for new people TD had embedded template profiles for most sims to begin with, not sure how moving them online improved anything, could as well just update them based on community feedback.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
And for new people TD had embedded template profiles for most sims to begin with, not sure how moving them online improved anything, could as well just update them based on community feedback.
The embedded template profiles were not good.

The profiles online are submitted by people who have taken the time to dial things in and then when other people download a profile and test it out they can rate how good they thought the profile was. So when you look you can see how popular that profile is.

If you have a profile that you are proud of, you can share it and compare your settings against the most popular profiles to see where the differences are.

So to be clear, I'm not using any of the default templates anymore.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

I know they were suboptimal, we have dedicated thread for every sim on Granity board with community favored settings, moving them to embedded profiles could have been much easier than forcing everyone online without opt out option.

Upvote 0
Maybe you should upload your MX-5 specific profile and label it as such.
I'll give it a try :)
Maybe I did not do a great job of labeling it but I did end up publishing my MX-5 profile and saw people had downloaded it. I basically tried to dial it all up to get more feel out of it since the power steering in it makes the forces so light. It has helped me get pretty comfortable in the car and I am normally around the top of the time trial leaderboards since I got it TD better dialed in with the car. I am going to share a couple other profiles I worked out for myself.

I'm excited to play with some of these new profiles with GT3 cars. Everyone seems to love the GT3s on iR but I have never been able to make a profile of my own work well for me in the 2 cars I have. I'm sure some others probably have it setup better then me, who never put much time into any GT3 profile since I was so far off to begin with.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I know they were suboptimal, we have dedicated thread for every sim on Granity board with community favored settings, moving them to embedded profiles could have been much easier than forcing everyone online without opt out option.

Now the community favored settings are available on True Drive Paddock assuming they've been submitted and they are very easy to switch between with a few mouse clicks.

I don't spend time on the Granity boards, but I have visited. To me these cloud profiles are MUCH easier. Click on one and drive a couple laps, click a different profile and drive a couple laps.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Nice to hear that it has target audience and not a complete waste.
Still making it online or bust is not something everyone is looking forward.
One thing is having access to vetted published profiles and another is forcing everyone on the cloud.

Upvote 0
I was initially behind the idea of making profile sharing easier, especially for newcomers that may not know of or want to frequent the GD forum looking for settings. The big downside is that it's taken away valuable resources that could have been spent on improved filters which would add more value for me personally.

While I'm at it, I've been waiting with baited breath for 2 1/2 years to find out which is the best direct drive motor :p

Upvote 0
I know a number of people who have been very happy to have the TD Paddock available. These are likely other people who haven't been combing the GD forum for profiles.

I don't consider this a competition. The forum will always be there, but this is something very useful to many of us.

@EsxPaul obviously the best motor is the one they put in their Ultimate. I mean, it's all in the name, right?

Last edited:
Upvote 1
  • Deleted member 197115

I am still waiting for new Recon filter that we were promised on day one.
I frankly can't recall a single feature since initial release actually doing anything for FFB.

Upvote 0
I initially questioned it myself.

If you download the latest version it will have both True Drive and True Drive Paddock. You can use either one.

But I tried out a well rated Dirt Rally 2.0 profile that included the matching in game settings and it was night and day better than what I was using for that title. Someone had spent a lot of time with that.

I had a pretty good iRacing profile, but I'm currently using one by Jon Miller Racing that is better. There are a number of very good iRacing profiles.

I've pulled over a highly rated ACC profile, but I haven't opened that title up in ages. I also pulled over a KartKraft profile that I haven't tested out.

I'd highly suggest trying it out. I know I've been much more impressed with my SC2 Pro since I've had better profiles for it.

Any chance you could share that Dirt Rally 2.0 profile? I've been trying to get in to DR2 and I'm not super happy with the ones I found on the forums.

Upvote 0
Any chance you could share that Dirt Rally 2.0 profile? I've been trying to get in to DR2 and I'm not super happy with the ones I found on the forums.

The screen shots for both the SC2 settings and the DR2 in game settings are here.

Upvote 0
The screen shots for both the SC2 settings and the DR2 in game settings are here.

Thank you!

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

- Dirt Rally 2.0 does not have overall FFB scale in game, only scaling for individual effects so it's recommended to control that in TD, use like 50% and tune from there.
- DOR if you want to match most cars virtual wheel is 540
- Matter of taste but throwing that much damper, friction, inertia will make wheel super slow and devoid of any details.
- Ultra low latency is only needed with oscillation prone titles WHEN you want to avoid lots of dampening to counter it. Not sure it helps in high damper profile. Plus due to predictive nature it can add some unwanted effects like vibration or even oscillation.

Upvote 0
You have to understand that ease of use is a big thing for more casual simracers.
Its exactly why Fanatec is the most popular product and not a custom made DD.

Just like some people prefer Apple over Android.

a lot of people just wanna load up and play.
I think Simucube are on to something really good with this

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 228 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.1%
  • < 4 years