Butch Team 300sl-250GTO-DB4GT-904gts

Cars Butch Team 300sl-250GTO-DB4GT-904gts 5.1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
That depends if you want to make a dedicated png3 install or not.
My advice is to separate modern gtr2 cars from classics png3 cars with at least 2 different installs.

Make a clean gtr2 install in d:\gtr2clean (keep it clean, just make a copy anywhere else by renaming folder when you want to test a mod)

Then duplicate this install in d:\Png3

Then install png3.2 in d:\Png3

Then install GTR2 HQ Patch part1+part2

Then install these Butch's cars

Run GTR2_SETUP.CMD and choose specific png3 options when you see them (png3 UI, PNG3 HUD, PNG3 HQ ANNIVERSARY PATCH)

ah oke, i did the HQ patch first, so probably went wrong there. I'll try a new installation tomorrow
It will work too, I just said to install png3 mod first because png3 install will detect modified files with invalid checksum which is normal because some stock files are replaced by hq version. Except these warnings during png3 install, there is no problem, I mean since I have made a gtr2_setup.cmd the order has no more importance as you can restore png3 UI and other elements easily.

I got it working, so thanx! Will it also work with addon-tracks? It would be nice to drive them on historic tracks. And will it work in combination with le mans classics mod and other historic mods?

Yes for sure, all mods and tracks are compatible as long as they don't overwrite these 2 files :
GameData\Teams\STEX.GTR
GameData\Locations\Shared\Teammaps2.GTR

So always extract mods/tracks in temporary folder to check if one of these 2 files is present and delete it in that case.

Last edited:
This weekend I tried to drive the 300SL on the Targa Florio but it ctd on loading screen. Then I tried a regular PNG Alfa giulia but same. I patched the png.exe and gtr2.exe files again with 4gb patch, but no result. I also tried setting compatibility to windows xp sp 2 and changed user rights to write for all users. Am I missing a step here? I did have it running before I did a new install with the 300sl/mod.

You don't need to update manually gtr2.exe, neither patch it with 4gb patch because they are already included in HQ Anniversary Patch.
You've certainly broken the install by installing an incompatible mod : backup GTR233_SETUP_CONFIG folder and re-apply HQ anniversary Patch part1 over your install.

Last edited:
I re-apllied patch part 1 and now everything works fine. Framerate a bit struggling on Targa, but it works nevertheless. Are you saying Targa isn't compatible at all?

Last edited:
There is a small bug with targa florio and steam exe : it is partially fixed in my last optimised targa as you can run the track on medium/high details now (but only nocd is able to run targa on full details).

I have a happy healthy P&G3 install to which i'd like to add these cars (converted the Porsche GTS from GTL ages ago; also added the Mercedes to the LM55 mod, also converted, but kept discreet, not added to any other classes). Can this be tweaked to not require the Anniversary patch?

No, HQ Ann. Patch is required but it can be tweaked to not need PnG3 mod by replacing GTL_TALENT.GTR by TALENT.GTR in CAS file (I will do that at next update)

A P&G mod can be tweaked to not need P&G? But cannot be tweaked to work without another huge mod. Lol.

A nefarious way to bump the download count for your patch - make any new mods require it. I'll just track down the other cars and convert them myself. Thanks anyway.

Simply because I have included png helmet in the mod to get rid of the need of the full png3 mod in last v4.0 but I totally forgot to change talent line in cas file so it was still not effective.
HQ anniversary patch is another story as many files are called.

By the way, I spent 7 years to fix all gtr2 bugs* I found plus those that cummunity signaled me in hq anniversary patch so this is a must have if you like gtr2. I am an engineer in real life and I have worked on every level of the game myself (cars, tracks, UI, textures, 3d). If you prefer stock experience with tons of bugs then that's your choice.

(*) there are so many bugs that I did not even write all of them in changelog. By example the speed limiter is broken at Hockenheim track so AI exit pits at 60km/h. Another example, there is a memory leak in original UI (both SimBin+DucFreak versions) and my reworked UI are the only ones with the fix I have made. And the bug list is long at all levels in the game. In comparison GT Legends is quite bug free.

Not contesting your work. In many cases "bugs" are things I've never noticed so do not bother me (I recall a thread at nog rip where someone pointed out the tiniest glitches in P&G, such as a few unpainted pixels at the bottom of a rear fender, that most folk would never have noticed had he not pointed them out; nothing wrong with such, but not important to me). In other cases the bug fixes are not applicable to me; in P&G I've removed any default tracks not in use prior to 1974; in GTR2 I replaced the little club circuit "Hockenheim" with the real Hockenheim, replaced Monza with a version without chicanes, etc.

Just as you have spent years working on your patch, I have spent years tweaking my GTR2/P&G; a new install of either to use your mod would entail ages of more tweaking to consolidate your work and mine (along with von Dutch and Reborn mods). Time which, at my age, I'd rather invest elsewhere ..such as pruning down all my race sims to cars/tracks i will actually use, and actually finding time to race occasionally.

(FWIW, I am a retired engineer, electronics not railroad (my daughter hated constantly explaining that to friends), with two proprietary patents.)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 363 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%