Upcoming Events

Weekly BMW races on Simracing.GP Other regular AC events on Simracing.GP Weekly GT3 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP Rookie friendly WTCR sereis Weekly rFactor 2 events
PnG3 Butch Team 300sl-250GTO-DB4GT-904gts

Cars PnG3 Butch Team 300sl-250GTO-DB4GT-904gts 4.0

GTR233

Premium
Solutions
That depends if you want to make a dedicated png3 install or not.
My advice is to separate modern gtr2 cars from classics png3 cars with at least 2 different installs.

Make a clean gtr2 install in d:\gtr2clean (keep it clean, just make a copy anywhere else by renaming folder when you want to test a mod)

Then duplicate this install in d:\Png3

Then install png3.2 in d:\Png3

Then install GTR2 HQ Patch part1+part2

Then install these Butch's cars

Run GTR2_SETUP.CMD and choose specific png3 options when you see them (png3 UI, PNG3 HUD, PNG3 HQ ANNIVERSARY PATCH)

GTR233

Premium
Solutions
ah oke, i did the HQ patch first, so probably went wrong there. I'll try a new installation tomorrow
It will work too, I just said to install png3 mod first because png3 install will detect modified files with invalid checksum which is normal because some stock files are replaced by hq version. Except these warnings during png3 install, there is no problem, I mean since I have made a gtr2_setup.cmd the order has no more importance as you can restore png3 UI and other elements easily.

I got it working, so thanx! Will it also work with addon-tracks? It would be nice to drive them on historic tracks. And will it work in combination with le mans classics mod and other historic mods?

GTR233

Premium
Solutions
Yes for sure, all mods and tracks are compatible as long as they don't overwrite these 2 files :
GameData\Teams\STEX.GTR
GameData\Locations\Shared\Teammaps2.GTR

So always extract mods/tracks in temporary folder to check if one of these 2 files is present and delete it in that case.

Last edited: