Cars PM3DM Super Touring Cars

Try it, it's really not weird at all, especially compared to some unrelated polygons flailing around in front of you.

I tried just renaming the shifting animations as per the earlier suggestions and it worked a treat - the driver keeps his hands on the wheel as if he's using paddles (but without the finger flicks, obviously). I won't do this for every stick shift, just for the really exaggerated, badly implemented or misaligned ones (eg the BTCC BMW135i mod, where the driver arcs his arm and almost hits his hand on the roof of the car while reaching for the shifter).

I don't think it's that weird either. But it was just a suggestion.

And it was very much appreciated, so sorry for calling it weird. It's just not for me. I always like to see virtual hands on the wheel when racing in VR (and also when I raced in 2D, actually).
:)

This is a freaking awesome project..:inlove:

Taking these around Brands Hatch, Donington, Thruxton, Knockhill, Croft, Oulton Park, Silverstone and Snetterton will be the ultimate version of the original TOCA game.
Only with extra BTCC tracks such as Cadwell, VR, online multiplayer, wheel support.... The list goes on!
I can almost hear the gearbox whine already :D
If this is done well this will be unbelievably epic for close races!

Good luck with it... and make sure you add a donation button. :thumbsup:

@Patrik Marek I just want to thank you again for the stellar work you did with the BTCC Primera P11 - it's one of my very favourite cars in AC, and that includes original Kunos content. Full fields of P11s at wide, fast, flowing tracks is some of the very best racing that Assetto Corsa has to offer.

Looking forward to future updates with this Super Touring Cars project. It's going to be something very special indeed.
:)

Peugeot livery is now almost complete

C653C94E781988CE2B5F33EF68F5DEE3DC56EDF6

Hi Patrik.

Thanks for getting back to me on the progress of the BTCC mods. I used to watch these at my local circuit Oulton Park. I will definitely pay for this brilliant work you are all doing. Can't wait.
Regards.
Kenny.

This is looking great. You guys sure have your work cut out for you, but this could be something special when it's complete :thumbsup:

Last edited:
All cars now under same PM3DM BTCC badge, so they can be easily picked

only car which is missing, that's in progress , is Honda Accord, but I haven't got any files from the guy working on it, so I couldn't' have added it

lot of the car are still in heavy WIP stage, somewhat proper physics only exist for BMW ( and Primera of course)

26167010_1385344248244574_7896811488784127435_n.jpg
I really, really wish that modders would stop using this method of grouping cars in Assetto Corsa and spreading the cars all around into scattered groups (that were designed to be used as the car manufacturer).

The way the system in AC was originally designed by Kunos was that cars are placed in their respective manufacturers slot and you can group the cars into classes by assigning to these cars the appropriate keyword tag for example:

"BTCC 1998"
"touring car"
"PM3DM"

This way you can just pick Ford to quickly find that Prodrive Mondeo or you can select the "BTCC" tag in the filter to show all cars from that group or choose the "PM3DM" tag to show all cars from Patrik, …

Also nice would be if all modders would actually fill the car details completely so to easily link to their website, see which version a car is on, who is the creator, …

All of this is trivial to do in Content Manager after the fact, it is a major PITA though to do this every single time an update is issued :-(

It would be great if you could consider this in the future - maybe Kunos changes their UI design in the cat game they announced to be working on to follow Assetto Corsa, maybe not ;-)

I really, really wish that modders would stop using this method of grouping cars in Assetto Corsa and spreading the cars all around into scattered groups (that were designed to be used as the car manufacturer).
Absolutely agree, even tho in some cases it is hard to decide what to use here (think Formula 3: Chassis manufacturer or engine supplier? Or TA/Hilllclimb cars that have nothing in common with the road car), but for works supported touring cars it's easy to decide.
Also nice would be if all modders would actually fill the car details completely so to easily link to their website, see which version a car is on, who is the creator, …
First major indicator for a bad quality mod is lacking UI details. How much work could have been invested into the physics if not even the UI got more then 3 lines of text ;)

@Patrik Marek that Laguna looks dead sexy.

All cars now under same PM3DM BTCC badge, so they can be easily picked

only car which is missing, that's in progress , is Honda Accord, but I haven't got any files from the guy working on it, so I couldn't' have added it

lot of the car are still in heavy WIP stage, somewhat proper physics only exist for BMW ( and Primera of course)
Thanks very much for the update Patrik. So the BMW is likely to be the first new release? Any idea of an ETA?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 282 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 411 40.0%