Cars PM3DM Super Touring Cars

BTCC pack mod from PM3DM is still alive after VRC releases? It is a shame both teams not to work toegether to get more potential and bring better quality. I really trust in VRC quality but it would have been a good aliance to bring us all content (PM3DM+VRC).

I would had paid a lot for a pack from PM3DM but that day never comes evidently
PM3DM are continuing as far as I am aware. Assumption would be for them to concentrate on cars that are not already covered or similar available.

Patrik and his team have always made it clear that they carry out their mod work through passion and fun/enjoyment and would not consider the paid route, which I think is admirable.

There is occasional activity and updates in their Discord :)

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    19.5 KB · Views: 433
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    15.5 KB · Views: 437
  • Capture3.JPG
    Capture3.JPG
    24.2 KB · Views: 432
  • Deleted member 223075

I put this here...

Congratulations to Virtual Racing Cars for release of their Supertourers mod for Assetto Corsa. From what I have seen and read, these are really well done !

I have a small hope that this can perhaps spark a little more updates from our team , which are long overdue.

Would be great to release Peugeot, which is almost ready ( as far as model goes, physics is still being worked on and tested , currently bit bouncy )

Then there is a Renault Laugna that needs interior , this model has been built by A3DR , who gave us a permission to finish it up
at that same time though, I wouldn't be surprised if he talked with VRC to see if they might wanna finish it instead of our team
As you all know, our progress lately has been super slow, almost non-existent. it's been a really long time we have been playing around with these, and it's hard to keep the motivation - as we only do this in our free time when we feel like it ( this is one of the main reason we were happy to not involve any money in this project, so that there is no pressure on anyone to finish anything )
For me personally, my life had put me into lot of other directions, which currently are more appealing then making new cars for Assetto Corsa, which I almost never launch lately
as some of you have maybe known, I was toying with idea of Unreal engine and a touring car game,.
this project is of course way bigger then what these mods were, so if it was to happen, it would have to be a full-time project with money behind it , but that's a huge step which I'm not ready to make just yet
but it's definitely fun! I had to start moving the project into Unreal5 , so quite a bit of work needs to be redone , but visuals are rather cool - I thought
and on top of that, I have been lucky to purchase a 3d printer! so I'm actually keen on bringing some of my projects onto an actual shelf ! these are the two biggest reasons why I personally have almost no time for Assetto Corsa anymore
but yes! I will do all I can to help the cars we have started and worked on to see the light ! Even if it means handing our files over to other teams
From PM3DM's Facebook
=> https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=540754851442685&set=a.455345216650316&type=3

hey everyone, there has been an update on our Facebook pages, but let me post it here too , hopefully this gives you all more background story, explaining the lack of updates

Thanks everyone for the patience
As you might have all realized by now, things are pretty slow at this point, barely any progress being made
What does that mean ?
It means that there might not be too much progress , and as such nobody should be waiting on release before they start new league or anything like that
if our team gets to a point where we are going to be happy to release update / new cars, we will gladly do so, but don't expect this to be done at the same speed as beginning of this project
This was one of the reasons why we were happy to stay a FREE project, so that there isn't' any pressure on finishing up / releasing anything, if we dont' feel like its' ready, as well as our team motto - real life comes first
some of us got kids born during this process, and it's really hard to find any free time , as well as space for our computer setups and what not
To help things moving along, we got a few new people helping out on the models, but lot of them lost their energy and stopped communicating after a short amount of time , so that really didnt' get us anywhere
unfortunately, given the quality / details of the Assetto Corsa car models, these take a long time to develop from scratch , and you just cannot cheat that fact
when you then take this time and spread it only into a few hours of free time a week, you are looking at year+ development time on a single car and this is not something that everyone manages to do, because as people we tend to lose interest quite quickly
as for me personally, I will definitely try to get release on the latest updates on Primera - which includes the requested rim plate covers , and if at all possible, it would be great to update BMW and Toyota Altis interiors , so that they look more finished
We also have at least 2 more cars in a very nice state of development , but these are waiting on physics update and that's also very slow at the moment ( hard to find time to work on physics, as well as lot of our main testers are also very short on time to actually test updates, making this even more slow of a process )
If you feel like it would be better to officially call this a DEAD project, we can do that too

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 215 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 211 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 273 13.4%