F1 2010 PLZ HELP F1 2010 Executable has stopped working

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi guys,

after playing the game for a while now on PS3 I decided I wanted to get the game for PC. After installing it I get the message "F1 2010 Executable has stopped working" and then I can choose either "close the program" or Try to find a solution

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit
My system is a Dell 1555 Notebook

Intel (R) Core 2 Duo CPU T6600 2.20GHz
4Gig RAM
ATI Radeon Mobility HD 4570 512Mb

I live in Dubai, UAE where I do not believe GFWL is actually supported (on the website's countries list) but I don't know if that matters. Surely that wouldn't be why I'm getting the error message that I am getting.

Below are details of the error message.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: F1_2010_game.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4c766231
Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7600.16695
Fault Module Timestamp: 4cc7ab86
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00038db9
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

ANY help at all will be much appreciated

TIA
Nick

Seen another problem like this on here but nothing I suggested helped. Ive spent a bit of time digging around....

A similar problem is mentioned on the Codies forum regarding faulty ntdll.dll , and the advice from Codies was that single core processors are not supported.
Yes I see that you are running a Core 2 Duo, so It may be worth checking in your bios that (depending on the version) -

1 - you have 'single processor mode' DISABLED
2 - you have hyperthreading ENABLED.

You may have one or both of these options available in your bios, or maybe something different again, but just make sure it looks like your dual cores / HT are up and running.

If you do notice something needed tweaking in the bios and the game still doesnt load, uninstall and reinstall F1 and try it again.

Interested to know what happens so do post back with results.

Hey Paul,

thanks so much for your ideas. It seems that those options weren't available in my BIOS. In the device manager it looks as though "both" processors are running as normal.
I installed the game on my mate's Dell - i5 processor and it worked just fine. WTF? So I guess it's a problem with my system. I'm tempted to invest in custom built desktop machine. Seems a bit excessive just to solve this problem, but it'd be great all the same. Oh well... still not sure what it is that my computer doesn't have or what it is that's blocking my fun.. cheers

I think windows will always see it as a dual core chip, but whether its running in single/multi core/HT mode depends on the bios settings.
Can you refer to your motherboard manual and see all the options available to you? Some can be hidden away somewhat.
I have never owned a core2 so unfortunately I cant draw from experience, but I do know that I have similar options for my i7.
Maybe you should see if there is an update available for your bios.

The only other suggestion is that your ntdll.dll has become corrupted in some way, and either repairing or reinstalling your o/s could be an option.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Hey, I ended up totally wiping my laptop and starting afresh. Installed it again and it seems to be working fine. Not a lot of insight as to what was really preventing it from working though, but I'm happy.
Only getting 20 fps on my laptop - playable though. Are there any 'must have' mods that I should get?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back