Pls help:) I stuck at improving my time

hey guys , really asking for some help.
I'm trying to improve my hotlaping time everyday but I really stuck:( 4 example my best time at Spa with z4 Gt3 is only 2:21.1 and I really can't do better after the hundreds of laps. Please if anyone here has a ghost car or ingame replay video and the setup for any gt2/gt3 car drop me send me to help and learn to be better driver. I would appreciate that and million times thanks to you people in advance

I usually watch videos of fast laps on youtube ( there are lots of z4 + spa over there ) to learn where the fast guys are braking, driving lines etc.. If you want, upload your replay here, I'm very sure people will help you pointing your mistakes and giving you advices!

Thank you Feco! Should I upload ingame replay file or a video ?
Video is better for guys who just wanna watch it and give you input. But the replay will give us all the possibility to check the things WE want to see in more detail. If you can do both, do both :)

How to post your replay (credits to Chris):

"Where can I find my replay file?

Assetto Corsa replays can be found in:

• Documents / Assetto Corsa / replay
What if my replay file is above the 50 Megabyte limit?

Assetto Corsa in particular seems to produce excessively large replay file sizes (sometimes in excess of 600 MB!).

Thankfully, cropping the replays down to a manageable size is simple

Ozi3cbH.jpg
"

@Dmitry Kariakin
The obvious is you don't use the whole width of the track thus end up to erratic inputs. You turn the steering wheel while giving static braking input. You have turn more, while you progressively release the brake(in AC), not giving a static braking pressure.

That's how my run's look overhead(different car)... I suppose you understand the difference.

Thank you Mr Deap gor the detailed reply and for the tips and video!im trying to go wider using more of the track width. What do you mean by "you have turn more"
Trying again and again but only 0,5 seconds improved:( sad
I guess I still do something terribly wrong

I remember I had the same problem: good speed, but way far from fast lap times.
Then I don't realize exactly when the improvement kicked in: it was setup or just me?
Probably both!
I'm sure a good setup helps a lot, I did a 2.17.4xx at Spa, impossible to repeat on default setup

Dmitry are you using a wheel or a controller?
I use Logitech G920 wheel
@Dmitry Kariakin It's usually both setup & driving issue. You can see on @Giovaneveterano replay that he got better top speed & much better cornering speed. When you fix both, the time cut is exponential.

Maybe if you read my setup guide based on tire temperature you may figure how to cut time greatly.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=912315488
Logic says me fast lap times come from the simple components : cornering speed, corner exit speed and the top speed. But there is a whole real magic on how to achieve this "simple" things :)
I remember I had the same problem: good speed, but way far from fast lap times.
Then I don't realize exactly when the improvement kicked in: it was setup or just me?
Probably both!
I'm sure a good setup helps a lot, I did a 2.17.4xx at Spa, impossible to repeat on default setup
Is that z4 Spa time ?

I use Logitech G920 wheel

Was just wondering as I use a controller and automatic gears and the best I can do with the GT3 is in the low 2.23's, but then again I don't bother to go through all the different setup options and use chase view (and I am not that good ;)).

Edit: Just tried Giovanevetero's setup and did a 2.21.512 on my first lap, using Xbox 360 controller and chase view (I'm also 63yo, so my reflexes aren't as good as they were). So these setups can make a difference, I think I could cut another second off with practice as I hardly ever drive Spa.

Last edited:
Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg\camera_onboard_free.ini

You do the change in the ini file-> SPHERICAL_COORDS=0.1

It's faster to get to overhead view, but you never get a static overhead position. I asked on the Official Forum to include this view by default, but a bunch of elitist claimed that only me, myself & I would use it.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 200 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.3%