"Please Sir, I want some more cars" Experiment & The World of the SuperSeries (Fictional Overhaul)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems like there are 12 teams in WMC but only 8 in APSC. It looks like new teams aren't created just transferred from lower tier up.

Also it looks like the money for the targets are too low (20 race calendar - 7.6M upfront for 11th place) . It is twice the amount in ERS with half the races.
View attachment 183587

Yeah, I couldnt get the version you gave us to work. As I said, there was an error in the coding of one of the texts I believe (I can see now that your team.txt has some extra commas in some lines). As such, I am using Shaun's original files which just took two ASPC teams into WMC....

Never mind about balance, balance is not important and can be sorted far down the line using another mod. Functionality of 12 teams is the point of the project at this stage. If we can get that working, then that will be big for all mods!:D (the dll is an old one of mine as well so there will be some off behaviour anyway, unrelated to 12 cars - such as interviews crashing)

If you can, use your files and try to import them into the Resource file instead (to have 5 tiers of 12 teams). If you can get that working with my dll (as in, get through a race) then we can use that as the default instead of just this version with WMC.

Last edited:
this.mStandingsEntry = this.standings.GetComponentsInChildren<global::StandingsEntry>(true);

I think this little chappy might be the guy who is only having an Array Size 20, not 24.... Anyone familiar with components and children? I am an IF, FOR, ELSE and RANDOM guy....

Drat, this is leading to a GameObject! This might be a problem.

Edit: this.standings. Is indeed a game object... It appears to be a structure with 20 rowes of data built in... unchangable... ANyone know anything about editing GameObjects?

Last edited:
Cons
  • Several other unknown bugs may be present, The team selection screen cuts off 80% of the two new logos on car selection. They're select-able still (at least at the resolution I am using) but most the logo cannot be seen. It's a minor thing which you only see once, so I've not even attempted to fix it yet,
  • The position tracker (the fancy line graph), the left race widget which has the live timing, and the live timing when skipping a session only show the top 20 cars. All attempts today to correct this have failed so far.
    • The issue here lines in FullStandindsDropdown and StandingsEntry. In FSD there is a variable sting called mStandingEntry... and where it should have 24 values within it, one for each car, but it only has 20. So somewhere here or related, this variable isn't taking account the fact that there's two new teams, after several hours of narrowing this down identifying the issue, there's no obvious solution. But I urge other people who know coding to have a gander and see if they can see something obvious I am missing.
    • However, if you're happy ignoring the time sheet of the final 4!cars in these areas, then no action needs to be taken (if the player is in 21-24th, you'll still be able to see surrounding cards with the tracker just above the driver portraits, as these move with your position. All other race result sheets show all 24 cars.
  • The rollover effect for the Rankings of your Individual Car Parts and seeing how you rank in HQ, Car, Sponsors, Drivers and Staff cause a crash. This may be a similar issue to the above, which may or may not be fixable. To combat this for now, I can remove the Rollover Effect from spawning. This prevents the crash and also stops the player knowing exactly where they rank. This might be a permanent solution if no others have been found.

I am offically 0 vs 3.

I think the Live Timings are defined in a Game Object.... So we can't see an live info for cars in places 21-24 unless one of our cars are in 20-24th (using the bottom widget). The game Object is different from all the others used in other menues (e.g., Live Timings in the Data Menu) because it's a snapshot, and selecting a driver will not zoom you to them. So replacing the Live timing is not likely. I don't see a way of manipulating the Game Object, even with my new found powers.

The Rollover things are... You guessed it, Game Objects, and locked at 10. But at least I can Banish them and prevent them from causing a crash.

The widgth on the team select screen is unfortunate. I've now looked into that and that's defined by a Grid system, which is a prefab (whatever that is). It may be possible to add a scroll bar to it, but having had 0 experience with scroll bars, I have no idea how to go about this.

So for now, I think the three biggest Cons are not going anywhere. Again, I mostly edit how data is handled, (I would say 95% of my balance tweaks is repurposing data to have an effect in an already existing capacity). While we can edit and add a lot more, and manipulate a lot more variables, I have hit a wayy about how to deal with UI of this type and Game Objects. Once I use the new editor a little more, and gain more knowledge by editing the dll even more, then I may be able to come back and revisit these flaws.

The good news is, If You can look past them, then the game is playable with 10-12 teams for any series (below 10 has an equal issue with the Live Timing which is desperatly looking for 20 values), and will crash if it only finds 18.

Of course, if there are any Unity Users here who have expereince with Game Objects and can inform me that it's possible to manipulate them, then let me know and I'll investigate.

Last edited:
Happy News started a new game in ERS and did a practice and race with 12 teams.(But it looks like Team names are scrambled a bit)
ERS Start.jpg ERS Practice 24 Cars.jpg Practice Results.jpg

Race Day & Results
ERS Race.jpg ERSRace2.jpg ERS Race Points.jpg ERS Race Team Standings.jpg

Team & Event Reports
ERS Race Team Report.jpg Event Summary.jpg

I did modify these 20 files for 12 teams.
Moddified Files.jpg

First used the the FlamingRed 1.31d ressource.assets file with the upper modifications and 1.31d DLL file. Everything was fine until I did press Continue after practice results. At that time the game crashed. After that I used the DLL file that FlamingRed shared in the Post #18. From that point on all was okey.

Here are the files I modified
https://www.dropbox.com/s/t1le2mdoad7new7/12 Teams.rar?dl=0

Last edited:
Happy News started a new game in ERS and did a practice and race with 12 teams.(But it looks like Team names are scrambled a bit)
View attachment 183848 View attachment 183843 View attachment 183853

Race Day & Results
View attachment 183847 View attachment 183849 View attachment 183844 View attachment 183846

Team & Event Reports
View attachment 183845 View attachment 183851

I did modify these 20 files for 12 teams.
View attachment 183852

First used the the FlamingRed 1.31d ressource.assets file with the upper modifications and 1.31d DLL file. Everything was fine until I did press Continue after practice results. At that time the game crashed. After that I used the DLL file that FlamingRed shared in the Post #18. From that point on all was okey.

Here are the files I modified
https://www.dropbox.com/s/t1le2mdoad7new7/12 Teams.rar?dl=0

Yeah :) that dll is the only one that allows for 12 teams. It's good to see your text files are working now. I'll add them to a plastic so we're not restricted to just WMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back