"Please Sir, I want some more cars" Experiment & The World of the SuperSeries (Fictional Overhaul)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please Sir, I Want Some More Cars
"12 cars for Motorsport Manager"
As part of my W.I.P mod I wanted to see if it was possible to extend the number of teams to 12 up from the 10 you get by default in each series, so I went about using reflexil to try and increase all the potential limits stopping that from happening. TheFlamingRed has been working tirelessly to try and find and fix any potential issues, but we need all the help we can get to find out exactly where and what is the problem.

Current Pro's & Con's Courtesy of TheFlamingRed:

Pros:
  • Shaun indeed has indeed got 12 functional teams going, both in quick race and in the career championships.
  • The AI works as it normally does, unimpeded by these new cars.
  • With some minor edits several things which are limited to 10 cars only can be adjusted to 12.
  • All these teams show up in the championship standings, and most race reports.
  • Overall, it's extremely functional.
Cons
  • Several other unknown bugs may be present, The team selection screen cuts off 80% of the two new logos on car selection. They're select-able still (at least at the resolution I am using) but most the logo cannot be seen. It's a minor thing which you only see once, so I've not even attempted to fix it yet,
  • The position tracker (the fancy line graph), the left race widget which has the live timing, and the live timing when skipping a session only show the top 20 cars. All attempts today to correct this have failed so far.
    • The issue here lines in FullStandindsDropdown and StandingsEntry. In FSD there is a variable sting called mStandingEntry... and where it should have 24 values within it, one for each car, but it only has 20. So somewhere here or related, this variable isn't taking account the fact that there's two new teams, after several hours of narrowing this down identifying the issue, there's no obvious solution. But I urge other people who know coding to have a gander and see if they can see something obvious I am missing.
    • However, if you're happy ignoring the time sheet of the final 4!cars in these areas, then no action needs to be taken (if the player is in 21-24th, you'll still be able to see surrounding cards with the tracker just above the driver portraits, as these move with your position. All other race result sheets show all 24 cars.
  • The rollover effect for the Rankings of your Individual Car Parts and seeing how you rank in HQ, Car, Sponsors, Drivers and Staff cause a crash. This may be a similar issue to the above, which may or may not be fixable. To combat this for now, I can remove the Rollover Effect from spawning. This prevents the crash and also stops the player knowing exactly where they rank. This might be a permanent solution if no others have been found.

Last edited:
This is very interesting. I have been following yours and TFR's progress from the Reflexil thread.

Interested in helping you guys where-ever I can. I'll have a nose around the .dll and see if theres anything I can spot with regards to UI references. Also, if you need help with testing let me know.

Just to confirm - anything below 10 teams crashes the game completely?

Yes, as far as i'm aware anything under 10 crashes the game at current, in an ideal world we could up the limit but make the framework flexible enough to accomodate any number of teams (within reason of course)

And we'll keep this updated where and when we can, as said before any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi shaun. FlamingRed said that you needed help with some txt files for 12 teams optimization. Here are the files he mentioned. I checked them but if is anything wrong let me know.

Attachments

• Championships_12.txt
    2.3 KB · Views: 329
  • Chassis_12.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 342
  • Default Parts_12.txt
    21.4 KB · Views: 290
  • Drivers_12.txt
    92.6 KB · Views: 423
  • Engineers_12.txt
    15.7 KB · Views: 352
  • Mechanics_12.txt
    28.3 KB · Views: 353
  • Teams_12.txt
    14.9 KB · Views: 356
Ah, just spent a lot of the day adding lines to give all series' 12 teams, my fantasy mod will have 12 teams in each series if all goes well, so it was the eventual goal anyway, nevertheless though i'll save your files, thanks for the help.

Hi shaun. FlamingRed said that you needed help with some txt files for 12 teams optimization. Here are the files he mentioned. I checked them but if is anything wrong let me know.
Thanks Bey. These will be helpful to debug the assembly, particularly how the game handles promotions and demotions (will it see the 12th team needing demotion, or will it lock on that 10th team?)

Once we get 12 team going in a stable situation, we can look at 13 to see what happens, and maybe try to see if a 9, 8, or head to head 2 series might be possible. I wonder how pit stop locations will be defined if we have so many teams that they don't fit on the pit lane? Not practical but it's always interesting to see where the game stresses out.

I'll pull a dll and these text files together Monday and see if we can start getting an experimental test file going so we can get a complete list of the issues.

Hi everyone again. I did make changes in the Teams.txt and Frontend.txt (I did use your Frontend file FlamingRed) so that the new teams have their own description PSG_xxxxxxxx. Since nothing came to my mind I just wrote the team names and country locations. Also the other languages are empty too.

Frontend_12

"Team Descriptions","","","HUDText","BMW Race Team-Germany","PSG_10007865","","","","","","","","","","","","","","",""
"Team Descriptions","","","HUDText","Peugoet Motorsport-France","PSG_10007866","","","","","","","","","","","","","","",""
"Team Descriptions","","","HUDText","Chery Racing-China","PSG_10007867","","","","","","","","","","","","","","",""
"Team Descriptions","","","HUDText","Holden Motor Team-Australia","PSG_10007868","","","","","","","","","","","","","","",""
"Team Descriptions","","","HUDText","Mitsubishi Motors-Japan","PSG_10007869","","","","","","","","","","","","","","",""
"Team Descriptions","","","HUDText","Alfa Romeo Engineering-Italy","PSG_10007870","","","","","","","","","","","","","","",""
"Team Descriptions","","","HUDText","Maruti Race Sport-India","PSG_10011436","","","","","","","","","","","","","","",""
"Team Descriptions","","","HUDText","Guangzhou RTC-China","PSG_10011437","","","","","","","","","","","","","","",""
"Team Descriptions","","","HUDText","GAZ Race Team-Russian","PSG_10011438","","","","","","","","","","","","","","",""
"Team Descriptions","","","HUDText","Nissan Motors-Spain","PSG_10011439","","","","","","","","","","","","","","",""

Attachments

• Teams_12.txt
    15 KB · Views: 471
Last edited:
it could be Giant Sausage Dinner Racing Team :p
Doesn't look too aerodynamic I guess :roflmao:
images

Absolutely fantastic. If no one takes it up I can find time during the week to work on creating a vanilla start from the altered text files. I can do logos too, I've got team concepts ready to go for WMC and both GT classes from another project.

I think there's also a Teamweightings.txt that needs their values extended to 60 as well :)

I'll be packing a 'experimental' dll and all the texts needed to make it runabke with 12 teams, (hopefully) so we can have some people test and see what else is going badly.

Looked in the Team Expectation Weightings.txt. Only Championship and Race lines, but lot of columns. Do you think all need to be adjusted for 12? Also looks like most of the time the Race lines are as x10 the Championship line. Couldn't make any sens.

About testing whenever you are ready, happy to help. ;)

Not having any luck packing these texts and making them load past the start career screen. (I note there is HQ.txt and Team Colour.txt required, but I made those and it still didn't work!)

I assume there's an error in these texts somewhere. A comma, a part starting outside the min/max value for the tier, a supplier in not a tier? I have no idea.

Either way, I have a working file using the following txts from Shaun. Use WMC only until someone can debug why these additional files don't work to unlock the other tiers with 12 cars (I rather spend time working on the dll then the texts to bring in 12 teams at this point - if anyone can get a working combo of 12 cars all tiers, let me know).

DLL: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ftnmiid2z83isdb/Assembly-CSharp.dll?dl=0

I have a discord server for testers to come discuss findings of this set of files and attempting to mod in 12 teams in general. There's at least three areas of difficulty I've found so far, and I've made 1% progress on two of them :p Come join the: "lets try this idea" group: https://discord.gg/nMjKaDE

Attachments

• Championships.txt
    2.4 KB · Views: 319
  • Chassis.txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 300
  • Default Parts.txt
    18.4 KB · Views: 247
  • Drivers.txt
    41.8 KB · Views: 351
  • HQ.txt
    3 KB · Views: 269
  • SingleSeaterDesignData.txt
    53.7 KB · Views: 439
  • Team Colours.txt
    16.5 KB · Views: 709
  • Teams.txt
    18.3 KB · Views: 1,151
Last edited:
It seems like there are 12 teams in WMC but only 8 in APSC. It looks like new teams aren't created just transferred from lower tier up.

Also it looks like the money for the targets are too low (20 race calendar - 7.6M upfront for 11th place) . It is twice the amount in ERS with half the races.
To low.jpg

Yeah, that's what I did, I moved up the teams from the lower tier, I have since added teams for the rest of the singleseater championships to get them up to 12 also.

The twenty race season was just intended implementation, it's basically a very early prototype for the fictional mod i'm making, just for testing purposes, TheFlamingRed might be able to explain it better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back