F1 2012 Please, show some respect

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Hello.

I've been planning to make this thread from a long, long time but I haven't had time so as we're very close to F1 2012 release I decided to go for it.

Now, I've seen a lot, lot, LOT of complains about F1 2010 and F1 2011. Especially when F1 2011 was released, everyone was saying how F1 2010 was better. Well, it wasn't. People who are 'afraid' of changes say that. People who want the new one but they still don't want to switch to it. Anyways, that's not what I made this thread for.

CM made F1 2010 for less than an year. The game was awesome when you think that it's made for just a few months. F1 2011 had more time for developing considering that the game was there and they needed just to improve it. Anyways, when F1 2010 was released everyone was saying how rFactor is better how bla bla bla... Well, before you start crying about damaging for example, please think from the other point of view too. CM have a lot limitations. ESPECIALLY about damage. They have a contract with FIA. Anyone who doesn't know what FIA is - google it. Anyways, CM have a lot limitations around this contract. They can't make the game without it, but the game will suffer at some points with it. The choice is obvious. They can't make better damage. (which seems to be the main problem to all of you). They won't, not because they can't make better damage modelling. That's a piece of cake for them. They'll make it in 1 week time, if they get the chance. They're just not allowed. This contract with FIA gives them a lot more limitations of course, so if it's not a bug, you shouldn't blame CM for it!

Now, the topic with the bugs. Back in F1 2010, there weren't many bugs. The game was fine. But now in F1 2011, with the new improvements, which weren't just a few for sure, we had a lot of bugs. If you're an offline player - you get out of sight bug. You get invisible walls bug. If you're an online player, you get messed up timings, you get fake cars and such stuff. Sure, CM could've fixed this in a patch. It'd be a big patch, but they could. But again, it comes to the contract with FIA and the money. Now, FIA actually doesn't have to do with bugs. But CM have to pay FIA so they can use all the names and everything. I don't know how much they pay them, but believe me, it's not a few dollars. They also pay a lot more money for the developing of the game. These things aren't cheap. They're millions. So, they fixed a few of the bugs, but they left most of them for the new game, just because it would cost them way too much to release a patch that is for free. Firstly, they'd need around 1 month hard work to fix all of these bugs, and more importantly, they'd need a lot, lot of money. So they left it for F1 2012 which actually may have been their only choice.

Now, guys, look what they've done just for 2 years time. They made an incredible game. Everyone here has very good memories from playing this game. It's enjoyable. It's a really good game. Especially 2011! You know that. Just, please, if you see a bug, report it. Not moan and cry all day - all night about it. OK, it's annoying. I know it is. I had to experiment maybe a month till I found the fix for the Out Of Sight bug. And it wasn't a 100% fix. It was just kinda lower it to the in sight lap times. Some things need a lot coding to do to be flawless.

All I'm trying to say is, give CM some credit. They made a phenomenal job for no time and you haven't showed much appreciation. You play the game and like it and at the same time you cry about how CM are a piece of crap and they didn't do anything. Well, it doesn't work this way. Reporting bugs is the way. Crying 24/7 won't change a thing. Do you think CM people are spying over here and watching if you start crying about something? They're not. They simply aren't.

Thank you for reading it, it became a lot longer than I planned it to be, but well... Never mind. Thanks for your attention! :)

Honestly, how was it? Do you have any more detail?

Others I have spoken to on the forums do actually like it, so don't read to much into my thoughts, however:

All I'll say is, I went through the first chicane at Monza in 1st gear, no throttle (coasting) and still got massive understeer.

Also, a standing start is like a new driver learning to use manual gears. sputtering and stuttering.

But as I say, others did like it over 2011 :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back