Please review my plan for my first sim racing rig

Hi,

I have decided to start sim racing. My goal is to play Codemaster's F1 2019 (and future versions) and also participate in some online race events for extra adrenaline. I will also play some other games, like maybe Battlefield or NHL for stress relieving purposes, since I will have a gaming computer first time for a long time.

Please comment my plans for my first rig:
  • Next Level Racing F-GT (for F1 mode, seems to be comfortable)
  • GT Omega single monitor stand (for playing other games than racing games, I can move the monitor instead of the rig)
  • Logitech G29 wheel and pedals
  • 34" 21:9 1440p 100+ Hz monitor
  • New computer to match F1 2019 recommended specs, Intel CPU, Geforce GPU.
  • 2.1 sound system, later maybe 5.1
  • Buttkicker gamer 2

I have consider also 40" TV, but I have been told that if you play games on PC, use a real monitor. The monitor may be placed just behind the wheel, so maybe the smaller display size will do.

I'm not one to bash on Logitech, but the Thrustmaster might be more friendly as far as switchology goes and is right around the same market price. You will later be able to swap out the rim for something more F1 appropriate in style and function. There are some DIY options for Logitech though, if you don't mind going down that route.

Upvote 0
A half decent Thrustmaster system will be roughly twice the price of a Logitech wheel. For the price of the Thrustmaster shifter you could buy the whole Logitech system; wheel, pedals and shifter.

Upvote 0
Drop the BK gamer 2, get one or several amps and some Dayton exciters.
Or, if money is not a problem, get both, they complement each other.

Reason for this, a single BK unit doesn´t provide stereo effects, such as riding over a kerb with only one side of the car.
A single BK unit could work well for big impacts, gearshift or RPM effects though.
Check tactile feedback thread in this forum ;)

Upvote 0
I think the benefits of using a large TV screen (better inmersion and a more impressive experience) will be more desirable than the fact that you will not be limited to 60 fps with a PC monitor. Anyway, either if you chose a small PC monitor or a TV set, place it as close as possible to the steering wheel.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 329 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 228 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 223 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%
  • < 5 years