AC Please Read: [EARLY] Event Time Poll

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
With the time changing soon, we thought it would be the perfect opportunity to gauge the community's interest and reorganize ourselves with how we do the club events. So please take a few minutes to read through and give us your opinion as to what times you'd like to see the events.

From each poll we will collect the most popular times to begin the events. Each group will have its own individual events and times. After the results are collected, we will organize the events accordingly, and post the schedules back here for all to see. The final schedule will be repeated each week, so you know exactly when to expect your races.

Thank you for your time, and see you on track soon!

(Multiple Votes Per Person)

TAKE NOTE: The times that you will be voting on in the poll are for the START OF THE EVENT. This is the time that the Booking Period will begin.

The events will be laid out as follows:

• Booking: 1 Hour Long
  • Practice: 30 Minutes Long
  • Qualifying: 15 Minutes Long (Some Events Require a 30 Min. Qualifying)
  • Races: Will Vary From Event To Event

Please only vote in the poll(s) that you will be participating in as we will be using the votes to gauge interest. And casting your vote in a time-group you won't be participating in will spoil our results. Thanks for being considerate!

The time will change from EDT/PDT to EST/PST on November 2nd, at 2:00 AM. We will be going from -4/-7 GMT to -5/-8 GMT.

It isn't quite clear why there are two separate polls... is the idea that there would be both an early race and a late race on the same day or something? Seems like a single poll with all 6 times and allowing folks to check up to 3-4 would give better results. I guess I just don't get it.

Voted in both since I can pretty much race any time after about an hour after I get off work during the weekend up to a certain point in the late evening where I'm sure I'll be useless. :)

It isn't quite clear why there are two separate polls... is the idea that there would be both an early race and a late race on the same day or something? Seems like a single poll with all 6 times and allowing folks to check up to 3-4 would give better results. I guess I just don't get it.

Voted in both since I can pretty much race any time after about an hour after I get off work during the weekend up to a certain point in the late evening where I'm sure I'll be useless. :)

Not quite. Due to the fact that we cover 4 time zones, plus some on the other side of the world, we need to be able to cater to a wider range of times. So we will have two times for our events. Not two events the same day, but say Monday starts at 1:00 and Tuesday starts at 3:00. That way we can cover those with the need for both earlier and later start times.

So if you can participate in either or, vote in both, if you can only participate in one time, vote accordingly.

You're free to vote in both if you'd like :)

And as for the days, we're going to try a bunch and see which ones stick.

And I did!

Sunday through Thursday I need at least a half hour to unwind before going to sleep. I'm up at 5:30 am for work. Events that finish after 11:30 pm Eastern don't work.

Friday and Saturday I can sleep in, so going later is fine.

BTW, thanks for putting this together.

Later times are usually better for me since the wife goes to be early, and I voted accordingly. Earlier times get into dinner/family time...although I can probably occasionally make an earlier time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 70 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.7%