Please make me go faster!

I'm currently practicing with the Z4 GT3 at South Shore. If I can get a bit quicker between now and Friday, I'll have a go at the club race. My quickest time today was 1.54 something (Never raced this track before) no changes to set up. There are some nice straights on this track and I need more speed. I'm not a techie as most of you know and when I start messing with gears, it all goes wrong normally. Can someone help me please. Do I just alter the 6th gear? or is it a gradual increase starting from 1st gear. Do I move them all the same clicks? blah blah

I started to learn track with the ai and watched a YouTube clip after i get the racing line i looked for brake and throttle applications. The track was new to me too. I practice with the GTR and my time was 1.54.xxx then loaded my setup from mountain speedway infield course and the time dropps to 1.47 after half hour i read the setup guide that is pinned and the Tier pressure should bring the next time drop for my personal besteht time 1.44.002 but that was a lucky lap for me now im stuck at mid 1.44.xxx. Try to get familiar with the track and then tweak with chamber, tyre pressure, Aero. Try to drive smooth without hard braking.

That was my experience for the track.
Hope u can improve i didnt tried it with the z4.

As for gears, many guides I read talk about tuning last gear to reach peak RPM at the longest straight right up to the moment you need to start braking again.
Then evenly space a gears from there.

But I am no expert at setups at all. So feel free to correct me!

As for your quest @jimortality ; I am very much in the same boat.
And I would like to join you on your Quest if you want?

Jim,
The section of the RF2 Advanced Car set up guide (in set up section) on gearing.....

"Gearing Set first gear so that it is useful in the slowest corner# even if you may only use it briefly in the braking phase and then go up to 2nd. Ensure that 1st gear is not so short that you get too much wheel-spin. Set top gear so that you are hitting the limiter just at the braking point on the fastest straight on the track (with low fuel option tyres and DRS if available). In addition remember to leave some headroom if you anticipate getting a slipstream too. Set the rest initially evenly between 1st and top gear. Then make any fine adjustments if needed to optimise for certain corners or to avoid the need to shift mid corner. For endurance racing ensure you have set top gear so that you are not over revving the car on long straights).

# Note: Some drivers will set 1st gear so that it is optimised for the start and might not be able to use it again during the race. It depends on all the circumstances. IE if you are at the front of the grid and passing will be difficult you need a great start, if you are mid pack or lower and the race performance of the car will yield greater benefit then a use-able 1st gear will be more important. Likewise in a long race."

I started to learn track with the ai and watched a YouTube clip after i get the racing line i looked for brake and throttle applications. The track was new to me too. I practice with the GTR and my time was 1.54.xxx then loaded my setup from mountain speedway infield course and the time dropps to 1.47 after half hour i read the setup guide that is pinned and the Tier pressure should bring the next time drop for my personal besteht time 1.44.002 but that was a lucky lap for me now im stuck at mid 1.44.xxx. Try to get familiar with the track and then tweak with chamber, tyre pressure, Aero. Try to drive smooth without hard braking.

That was my experience for the track.
Hope u can improve i didnt tried it with the z4.

Thanks mate already down to 1.51.535

As for gears, many guides I read talk about tuning last gear to reach peak RPM at the longest straight right up to the moment you need to start braking again.
Then evenly space a gears from there.

But I am no expert at setups at all. So feel free to correct me!

As for your quest @jimortality ; I am very much in the same boat.
And I would like to join you on your Quest if you want?

Of course mate. I work shifts but I'll be racing on Friday night and we can chat in teamspeak If you like.

Jim,
The section of the RF2 Advanced Car set up guide (in set up section) on gearing.....

"Gearing Set first gear so that it is useful in the slowest corner# even if you may only use it briefly in the braking phase and then go up to 2nd. Ensure that 1st gear is not so short that you get too much wheel-spin. Set top gear so that you are hitting the limiter just at the braking point on the fastest straight on the track (with low fuel option tyres and DRS if available). In addition remember to leave some headroom if you anticipate getting a slipstream too. Set the rest initially evenly between 1st and top gear. Then make any fine adjustments if needed to optimise for certain corners or to avoid the need to shift mid corner. For endurance racing ensure you have set top gear so that you are not over revving the car on long straights).

# Note: Some drivers will set 1st gear so that it is optimised for the start and might not be able to use it again during the race. It depends on all the circumstances. IE if you are at the front of the grid and passing will be difficult you need a great start, if you are mid pack or lower and the race performance of the car will yield greater benefit then a use-able 1st gear will be more important. Likewise in a long race."

Thanks as always David. I realised my GT3 doesn't allow m,e to change any gear settings.

Anyway here is my latest lap ignore the driving, just listen to THAT sound!!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 194 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 251 13.4%