Please help with time, day/night settings

Hello dear racesimmer friends! This is all new to me, since i just started this wonderful hobby a coulpe of weeks ago. And how i LOVE this! And Rfactor2 is the number one! All categories!
I just have one question; How do I get the daytime, to remaine "daytime"? I mean, some tracks are night, or dusk, and I cant change them into daylight. Like Albi track and Cremona... No matter what time i choose (AM or PM) its still dark, dusk or even night. But at Estoriltrack, there I have daylight.
And at Albi, the time "flies" away and all of a sudden its pitch dark/night...
Sorry for my bad english, and for the stupid "newbie" questions, but I hope someone can help me here.
Best Regards
Per

There are options to change the time in the menus, but you have to repeat the process for practice, qualifying, warmup, and race. This allows, day or night practice sessions with daytime starts. Also, the ambient light is computed by latitude as well. So a track near the equator will stay light longer into the evening than a track far to the north.(provided that information was entered correctly by the track builder.) And, morning will arrive sooner near the equator than a more northenly track. (reverse for southern hemisphere)

for me it seems totaly random, Nuerubring is getting dark at 10pm !? why is not every track the same. Its guesting. The inconsistency of rFactor 2
The amount of sunlight is determined by the latitude of the track location. Tracks in the far north get sunset much sooner than tracks in Southern Europe. Just like the position of the sun is based on the track's location. If a track's location or orientation is improperly set in the track files, this can cause issues.

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back