Please help with new steam issue

Reik Major

Premium
After a long brake (more than 2 weeks) I liked to test drive today but got the following error message after clicking on "play" when starting Race07 from steams game library:

"SteamAPI_Init_internal failed"

I googled to get it solved. Some wrote just restart steam and it would work or restart it with admin rights. But nothing helps.

Does any Guru like Kennett or anyone else have a clue?

Somewhere I read about uninstalling and installing steam. Is that easy to do, just uninstalling, downloading and installing again, or will I get in trouble after reinstalling because my installed content is lost?

Please help!

Thank you Nico, got it solved after another worthy hour of research before reading your post. I simply reinstalled it within 5 minutes after watching a "how to" on youtube. It's very easy.

Into the steam folder I deleted everything excluding "steam.exe" and the "steamapps" folder where all the content is located. Then simply executing the remaining "steam.exe" and it started updating. All the deleted files got reinstalled fresh and the game liked to start afterwards. :thumbsup:

I hate steam playing tricks on me (us) from time to time even when you didn't change anything yourself. Very annoying. :mad:

Have you verified Race 07's integrity in Steam already?

What you can do is in your Steam root, you can delete ClientRegistry.blob. That file's been notorious for screwing things up over time for many years now (though it is far better nowadays). If you delete it, Steam just makes another, but you hopefully lose any problems with it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back