F1 2018 Please help me with keys/tips/settings

F1 2018 The Game (Codemasters)
I cannot get functions to work because the key bindings are totally confusing and do not respond. I have a PC with Logitech Driving Force Pro and that works ok for driving, but the menu access and systems are completely confusing. Most menus have circled numbers advisories shown on the bottom right of the screen (eg: "1 to exit" or "3" to accept or similar). None of these keys work. Occasionally these numbers switch to F5 OR F6 and those do work, but there is not a single key to reliably exit from some menus.

I have gone painstakingly through the key settings and assigned various keys. Sometimes they work and others not. And there are quite ridiculous things missing like how do I simply leave the circuit and return to pits without having to drive a whole lap? Surely there is an "escape" key as with rfactor, AMS, Pcars, Assetto etc?

Photo mode is a nightmare. None of the default keys as shown in that menu work properly. I also cannot EXIT photo mode and have to force exit the game and start again!

I am staggered that there is no mouse control. It seems Codemasters lazily just ported over xbox and playstation controller settings. How can a sim not have mouse control?

A couple of other questions:

How can I disable the excruciatingly tedious cut-scenes and videos (ok once or twice but after that just annoying)?

Is there a way to get rid of the overbearing crowd sounds/cheers with also disabling the other ambient sounds?

I'd be very grateful for some advice. Thank you.

I sorted it out eventually. For anyone else playing on a PC, you have to keep the keyboard profilr separate from the wheel profile (ie not have a combined controller setup).

It's a great sim and quite believable. Only the tedious menu waits let it down, and the lack of mouse.

I bought the game this week end.
Just impossible to play.

Impossible to understand which key makes what.
Impossible to have only manual gears.
Just impossible to configure the game.

Of course i will sort it out, but this is really a shame that there is no manual or just an help page pressing f1 key, like everywhere else in windows environment.

Very annoying

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 238 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 236 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 176 7.9%
  • < 5 years