Please help, I'm on the verge of quitting simracing!

Hello everyone,

I've been dealing with this problem for ages now, and it's driving me nuts:

In every sim I drove in the past (GTR2, rF2, AC, AMS) I used to have a completely stationary cockpit with zero world movement, like this guy:

But ever since last year when I got back into simracing, I just can't get this damn thing to work.
I've tried unchecking lock to horizon, disabling world movement, I've put every single cockpit vibration line in the PLR. file to 0, but nothing does the trick.
Either I get a fixed cockpit with horrible world shake, or the other way around.
I'm getting motion sickness when I put my monitor close to me.
I'm begging everyone out there to help me, simracing is my greatest passion, but this is really putting me off.

Last edited:
Hm. You can't have both a stationary cockpit and no world movement, that would go against the laws of physics. If the car hits a bump, either your cockpit will move to compensate or you are locked to your cockpit, in which case your world and horizon will move. In rF2 you can have it easily set up both ways.

My recommendation is to turn exaggerate yaw and head physics to 0% in controller settings. Then select whether you want cockpit or world movement from the setting "stabilize horizon" under graphic settings. The higher the setting, the more stable the horizon will be, but obviously your cockpit will then move around more.

Thanks John for your suggestions, but i've tried it all and nothing results in an effect similar to the video above.
Guess I'll have to learn to live with the world bouncing, cause I can't stand my cockpit not being fixed, it breaks the immersion.
As our fellow colleague Spinneli said, in a real race car everything bounces and vibrates like hell.
All I need now to be in line with the monitor view is this: :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back