Please help--Formula V10 at Barcelona

Hello all.
I have experimented to my wit's end trying to develop a fast setup for Barcelona 2003 in the Formula V10. The best I've gotten on a flying lap is low 1:17's---the AI are running 6/10ths or better than that (at 100 %). On other tracks, if I practice enough I can get within striking distance of the AI pace.

Starting with default, I've tried a ton of combinations of maximum downforce, low spring rates, to try to improve. I'm stumped.

Has anyone developed a good setup for the V10 at Barcelona? Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Well . . . in case someone in the future struggles like I did with Barcelona--I finally developed a setup and got enough laps of practice to race competitively with the AI. Below are my Qualify and Race setups.

I did find that the AI were impossibly fast (for me) at 100 %, but lowering to 99 % made them too easy. So I edited the AIW file to just very slightly slow down the AI at 100%.

WorstAdjust=(0.79800)
MidAdjust=(0.9930)
BestAdjust=(1.1380)

Of course, if one uses these settings, he/she should first back up the original AIW file from the mod track. This made for a challenging race in which I qualified 11th with imperfect but decent laps, and could hang with the front runners with perfect laps but couldn't overpower even mid pack cars without effort. I ended up third on a 60-minute race, and if I had qualified better and done better on tire management, would've had a chance at a great finish.

The AI at the track is really quite good. They battle for position nicely and drive a very life-like line.

Attachments

• Alan V10 Barcelona 2003 QUAL.svm
    4 KB · Views: 444
  • Alan V10 Barcelona 2003 RACE.svm
    4 KB · Views: 415

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back