Please Forgive My Dumb Question........

......but what is the ultimate "goal" of Forza Horizon 5? My background, like most of you here, is in sim racing (albeit not as seriously or talented as most of you). I bought FH5 a few weeks ago because I was looking for something new and different to spend some time on.

Well, it's different alright (at least from what I'm used to). While my wheel and pedals work fine, I don't really know what I'm supposed to be doing. (OK - maybe I'm just dense...) I end up just driving around blindly. Do I race? If so, where are the races found? Or, do I "collect" things by smashing thru billboards that I find? And what are "Accolades" and how do I get them, and what do I do with them? Sorry for the dumb questions, but I'm truly lost.

All this is truly NOT meant as a knock on the title. It's just that it's so different from anything in my experience! It makes me wish for the old days when you got a printed manual to explain stuff to dummies like me! I've viewed a number of vids on YouTube, but I'm still lost.

Would anyone like to take some time to explain what I'm supposed to be doing.? FWIW - I'm just playing single player. I don't dare try multi-player without first having some understanding of what the heck is going on.

Thanks!

To put it in layman's form.....
You crash signs, race and drive like an idiot hucking it off every massive jumps than post it to social media.

Complete all the missions/races, collect money, customize and buy cars.

There's really not much to the game other than drive around and make money.

There are some in the community that just sell paints and tunes on the in-game market place

Last edited:
To put it in layman's form.....
You crash signs, race and drive like an idiot hucking it off every massive jumps than post it to social media.

Complete all the missions/races, collect money, customize and buy cars.

There's really not much to the game other than drive around and make money.

There are some in the community that just sell paints and tunes on the in-game market place
Thanks for your response.

Newbert, tis a better question than you might think. I did exactly what you did the first month or so when I played FH4.

Over time though, I began to focus on knocking out the FESTIVALL PLAYLIST activities that change every week. Most of the tabs in the playlist are clickable so they show you where you need to go to accomplish the related event(s). You can also hit P to see what cars are required in those events that are limited. Those FESTIVAL PLAYLIST activities generally cover the breadth of the game, allowing you to earn exclusive cars, etc. The other thing I focus on is tuning S1 900 cars for Goliath where I do lots and lots of laps (in the process of tuning} to generate income to buy new cars, etc. But, for me, an even greater draw is racing online with friends over discord. Note: do NOT bother using the xbox voice tools as they are less than useless for PC players.

With that in mind, is anyone running an active discord for FH5 play?

Last edited:
Would anyone like to take some time to explain what I'm supposed to be doing.?

Horizon or lets say the Forza games are all about the cars, not exsessive grind for progression or restrictions. You decide what you want to do, what car on what LI to drive and how the races are configurated, thats the freedom i love about those games. Its a playground for car lovers. If you not know what to do this game is not for you. I can just drive around for hours and take pictures with some car i just wanted to drive that day that moment without gaining any progression at all in the game. :geek:

The season playlists have some more restricted challenges that change every week which you can do but dont have to do ^^

Last edited:
Horizon or lets say the Forza games are all about the cars, not exsessive grind for progression or restrictions. You decide what you want to do, what car on what LI to drive and how the races are configurated, thats the freedom i love about those games. Its a playground for car lovers. If you not know what to do this game is not for you. I can just drive around for hours and take pictures with some car i just wanted to drive that day that moment without gaining any progression at all in the game. :geek:

The season playlists have some more restricted challenges that change every week which you can do but dont have to do ^^
You must work for Microsoft, the few changes you mention doesn't offset the Major flaws or the same ole same ole feeling you get after a hour. Forza 4 is Light Years ahead in playability, stableness,. 5 is a carbon copy with a few extra bells and whistles. I've had cars disappear out of my garage along with a ton of other problems. Going back to Forza 4 with pleasure.

I don't think it is an insensitive question. The game is essentially aimless. It is like a PG version of GTA with a worse storyline a significant amount of the time. I thought FH4 was cringe but turns out I can stomach it better when it is not randomly moved to Mexico.

I always felt Forza Horizon would be better if they just gave you an open sim map like Google Earth and one Billion pounds to buy houses and cars. I don't really need the wheelspins or frills or really dodgy scenarios and races and patronising radio personalities. What is the point in working my way up in a virtual world? I already paid for the game.

yeesh couple of negative comments here, which I guess makes sense considering this is a sim racing forum and Horizon isnt exactly a sim. I however, do really enjoy driving around in forza. My enjoyment in the horizon games comes from being able to drive, modify, and enjoy hundreds of cars in a diverse map. As cool as race cars are, I get a lot of enjoyment driving everything from old muscle cars to exotic Italian road cars. Modification is a huge thing for me too, ever wondered what it would be like slap a fat turbo on an s2000? Or take a 430 scud rallying? Is it the most realistic physics sim? No. But its good enought to get some serious enjoyment out of.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back