F1 2010 Please critique my Spa lap

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
I'm at a loss as to why after hours and hours of trying, I just can't get in the 1.44's or 1.43's. I'm using Bram's setup that he posted for Spa dry, tested with the McLaren. I'm driving a lotus but his setup feels fine for me. I use a wheel, manual gears, no ABS, no assists other than medium TC. I did once make an improvement with no TC but it was miniscule. I've actually already done a 1:45.419, and now, not only can I not get that time again let alone beat it, I'm driving the track better than when I got that time. I've no idea how to improve. :confused: There's obviously one or two mistakes in the lap which you'll see, but I'm still surprised it didn't get me into the 1.44's since I think it's fairly smooth and pretty fast isn't it? Could it be that the car itself isn't being maximised by the setup and I need a different gearing setup to get more top speed or even quicker acceleration, or is it all down to my driving? Aero is 1/1 so can't improve that I don't think.

have no time to read other responses but from my experience in the game, after some time when you know the track like the back of your hand, it's a good idea to turn off the racing line indicator as it is very often not optimal and the worst thing is, your brain is attaching too much attention to it, you stop thinking creatively. turn it off and you will feel scared because nobody is holding your hand at first but do a couple laps and suddenly your brain will find the fastest way around the track. if a turn is 180, go super wide, and turn early to gain much speed etc.

FINALLY! After 5 hours of non stop lap restarts, and constantly messing up the right amount of braking pressure and correct braking distance at the end of blanchimont before the final two chicanes, I got 1:45.350, and then just now against my PB ghost, 1:44.907. :f1: :D

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/7576/f12010game2010112020104.jpg

I won't win the time trial competition I'm in, but I'm really happy I've now beat one particular driver I wanted to get ahead of, heh. Unless he's about to post a better time than mine before tomorrow night (hope not). I'm gonna keep trying to improve the time before the next track and car is selected tomorrow, but I've achieved one of the goals I wanted. You guys have really made the difference, thanks a lot! :pray:

Hi Roman,

I wouldnt use the restart button too much as your just depriving yourslef of the opportunity to learn the track.

If you make a balls of the first corner just use the lap to push it to the max on the other corners, after all it doesnt matter if you spin as the laps gone anyway.

You just need to keep lapping and dont hit that restart. :)

I haven't tried the setup you're using, but from watching your vid I see three things that a different from my own laps...With my own low DF setup for Spa, at :38 in your vid, at the end of the long front straight, I'm right at redline, not 3/4 of the way through...might adjust your 7th gear? at :59 and 1:07 these are quick lift only corners for me, and not braking/downshift.. I maintain 3rd the the first, and 6th through the second....carrying some more speed through these three places along with the advice above might cut your lap times some?

I don't know tbh Cozmo, I've tried increasing 7th beyond 234mph, but it doesn't make any difference really. Are you talking about your setup with the Lotus? Because it's slower top speed than other cars. You're right about :59 and 1:07, though I find a very quick dab of the brakes at 1:07 helps me keep the car in check. Anyway, there's a guy in my competition who got a 1:42.100 in the lotus, which is ridiculously quick for that car. I raced his ghost which really pushed me hard and now I've moved up to 5th place with a 1:44.448. http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/5232/f12010game2010112201462.jpg :)

Btw, if you're reading this Bram, I'm doing better with your setup for McLaren than with your setup for the Lotus. But I changed the brakes on your McLaren setup to high pressure /small size.

And James, yep, I hear you, I'm doing that now. Unless I completely skid off the track.

shorter gears means more acceleration, although in the lower gears short gears seem to be an disadvantage because of excessive wheel spin.

You should never have your 7:th hear higher set than hitting rev limit on the longest straight, it will actually give you less top speed that way.
I tried the lotus and I think you can beat 1,42 with it.

Heres a lap I recorded recently of spa:

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back