Playseat with Heusinkveld Pedals... probably a bad idea. (help with rig choice)

Hello, hope you are having a good day. I'm sick of iRacing with the Logitech G920 mounted to a desk feeling uncomfortable the whole race, plus leaving myself at a massive disadvantage (mainly pedal wise). I don't have the funds for a new wheel, pedals or the rig as a student but I've convinced my self to start saving for one. and I'm looking to get serious and get a Fanatec wheel and Heusinkveld Sprint Pedals/Fanatec V3's with BP kit. but those options require a solid rig to hold them in place.

I've been looking at the GT1-Evo Sim Racing Cockpit and the PLAYSEAT® EVOLUTION ALCANTARA PRO

I'm trying to make the right decision between this 2, whether to go cheap but effective or save for a lot longer and get more sturdiness and upgradability. I like the Playseat's price ($449.00) and free shipping is huge because I live in Saudi Arabia and shipping is mega expensive. the problem is that I know that if I get it I'll have zero upgradability meaning I'm stuck with the Playseat's ecosystem upgrades like a shifter mount for example.

and if I get the GT1-Evo, shipping alone is $300+. but because it's 80/20 I'll be able to get all sorts of upgrades to the rig from various sim racing companies and won't be stuck with Simlab.

decisions decisions... I'm torn and I don't know what should I save for. thanks.

I can tell you that either V3s or Sprints will utterly destroy the pedal plate of the Playseat Evo.

It's more designed for a set of Logitech pedals or similar and will not withstand the forces involved in load cell pedals without some serious reinforcement.

Upvote 0
@BULLET4JUSTICE2 As someone who owns a 80/20 rig a can tell you that you will like the GT1- EVO.
I designed my own rig and had the parts cut to length by 8020.net here in the USA. It is no more than adult erector set, builds very easy as long as you read ahead in the instructions.
Watch this video from You Tube

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 281 27.4%