Playseat vs. DIY / Comfortable

This is my first post I made in this forum so I will use it to introduce myself as well.

I'm from Germany and I'm interested into racing games since Gran Turismo 4. I took a major brake due to studying and working but now I want to focus on sim racing more.

I just purchased a T300 to replace my old DFGT.

I have an old DIY build with a racing seat. And now I will come to my original question. Unfortunately I can't upload a picture of it since I'm on vacation but I will try to in the future.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6lldpc6z0p4jbc4/Photo 07-05-2017, 13 22 44.jpg?dl=0

My main issue with my seat is that the seat isn't too much comfortable. I get some pain in my back after using it for more than 30 minutes.

Therefore I want to replace the seat.
I have this one in mind: (I hope it is okay to list amazon links)

https://www.amazon.de/gp/aw/d/B0050...chalensitz&dpPl=1&dpID=41XM5xJE8zL&ref=plSrch

As my current seat looks almost the same I am not sure if this is gonna work. Alternatively I am thinking on a playseat. You can grab these at 200€ and they seem quite comfortable.

I am glad for any suggestions :)

Hi

Not sure either if the new seat will be more comfortable as they almost look the same. The customer recensions look ok. One thing I'm sure of, is the fact that my foldable playseat seat got replaced very quickly with a second hand Sparco. In the original seat I could feel the springs on my back, and the lower back support was just not there (I used a cushion in the shape of a small roll to counter that) - but after an hour or so, it just got too hurtfull to continue on.

Fitted the second hand Sparco with some velcro-pads (lowerback cushion, shoulderpads) and now it's just perfect. Had a welder shorten the steel bars beneath the seat to bottom-mount the Sparco on the playseat rig. The original playseat seat got sold via e-bay. Would never go back to the original one.

If you have possibilities to test a seat (parts-dealer, scrapyard, etc.) would recommend it strongly, the differences are huge regarding comfortability - the more bucks you can spend, the more comfy it gets hehe. A second-hand racing seat to mount on your alu rig would be my recommendation.

My opinion: dont save on the seat, as its the part that effects your whole experience the most - if it's not comfy to sit in it, you'll not drive a lot.

Good luck, hope my comments help!

Upvote 0
I used a Playseat Alcantara on my KPCR Piez RIG Expert for a while, but have since replaced it with a Sparco R100. The Playseat springs got very noisy after a while and the lack of lower back support as described in the previous post was unacceptable for me. So far (~7 months) i'm very pleased with the Sparco seat. It seems like a good quality product. With seat sliders and the adjustable backrest it's easy to find a comfortable seat position. I guess the seat sliders are optional though.

Upvote 0
Thank you two for the suggestions. The thing with the springs is exactly what disturbs me with my current seat. So the playseat is out.

Thanks for bringing the R100 into my mind. The whole time i was thinking about "full shell" seats. The R100 is adjustable and therefore probably more comfy. I think I will try to get one of these although 325 bucks is hard to swallow :)

But in the end I will not be happy with a hurting cheap seat.

Upvote 0
If the problem related to lower back support of the seat, try propping a pillow/cushion and see is that helps. Seems like a lot of effort replacing the entire seat as the first option.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back