Playseat or what?

Kevin Ascher

#47 Roaring Pipes Maniacs
Hi guys,

I really need the help of those that have bought a playseat or something different yet.

My dad offered to pay me a playseat or something else between 200 and 500 € and what I aim for has to fulfil the following standards:

I want some kind of plate to fix my Fanatec or G25 on it and something to place my ClubSport pedals on. I also would like something to place my 24" TFT on.
Something for mouse and keyboard would be nice, but isn't necessary.

Do you know a good product for me or where to search?

Thank you for your help :) :cool:

I use a GameRacer Pro seat with the seat raiser kit. I have tried a Playseat and I believe the GameRacer is more sturdy and a little more versatile in the way it can be adjusted to suit many different sizes - I'm 6'3" and its easy to adjust when my nephew raced on it who is around 5'10". The quality of the unit is of a very high standard and the frame doesn't move at all when set up. On top of that there are a number of add-on brackets for the G25 and other wheels as well as monitor and keyboard stands. There is also a Fanatec gear shift mount but its not on their web-site yet. My only complaint, and its not really a complaint is that while the pedal mounting plate holds the G25 pedals perfectly and comes pre-drilled with bolts to fix the G25 pedals onto the plate its a little small for the Fanatec Clubsport pedals. The Clubsport pedals fit on but if you kick your pedals around a bit while driving you may find they slide off one side of the plate but you could easily cut a small sheet of plyboard to make a larger plate.

Obutto: http://www.obutto.com/

I have one and it's very comfortable with my Fanatec wheel. It's an old picture as I now have clubsport pedals.

I don't know if they are available in Germany.

Attachments

• IMGP2246..jpg
    IMGP2246..jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 876
Cant say I have ever understodd the need to pay so much just to play a sim racing game properly, I dont run a wheel or seat and can be fast as many people.

saying that I always opt for the build yourself motto, more satisfaction that way, wherever applicable of course.

I'm happy with my old playseat which I modified
with a little help from my friends ;-)
so I can mount my g25 on it
and still much cheaper than a playseat evolution

Are you sure Kevin, for me it looks like a bad thing that you have the wheelmount thing between the legs. There is no freedom at the pedals then, you always have to keep the right and left leg on the sides of the attachment. With the Obutto or VPP, there is nothing between your legs so more freedom.

Also i think the Obutto has a more stable wheel connection because it has 2 sides attached to the frame. I know the playseat looks better but i think the Obutto is more handy and stable.

Are you sure Kevin, for me it looks like a bad thing that you have the wheelmount thing between the legs. There is no freedom at the pedals then, you always have to keep the right and left leg on the sides of the attachment. With the Obutto or VPP, there is nothing between your legs so more freedom.

That's one of the reasons I didn't get a Playseat as I had sat in one before I bought my Obutto and didn't like the support between my legs.

Also the seat is a lot more comfortable and more is standard on the Obutto.

I have a frame with a similar centre mounting arm and it doesn't give me any issues. Its also very sturdy and there is no flex or bend or any movement of the arm holding the wheel.

I have sit in a Playseat at a local shop and found it very comforting and also the mounting arm in the center didn't seem to cause any problems.
I also have my ClubSport pedals modified that the distance between brake and throttle is bigger than usual so I don't think it will be of any disadvantage.

Anyways, the Obutto is out of stock.

How much I envy you your playseats :( I always have to get together my G25 and after that put it into the box again :D and it is not comfortable... even driving because of using it on normal daily using PC

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 115 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 300 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 429 39.6%