Playseat Evolution with TS PC RACER and CSR Inverted pedals

Hello,

seeking advice here.

Been looking at improving my simracing experience for some time by adding a wife/budget friendly rig.

Most of the brands you have in US or Europe come with an expensive tag over here in Japan and I dont like the design of the local offerings (they are not cheap too....)

I found last week a 2nd hand RS1 AC edition that was cheap (sold at 20,000JPY but with missing bits apparently) but the guy living far from Yokohama where I am, accepted only Collected goods so I had to turn off my bid.

Then lats night, I spotted a Sales for the Playseat Evolution White edition that got the wife happy with the looks, its compactness when folded, and coming at around 300USD shipped.
I took the plunge and ordered the thing but I still can cancel my order if that was too much of an impulse purchase.

Thing is I am worried at how flexible it would be with the Torque and weight from my TS PC wheel, and I read that the pedals plate design isn't the best so I wonder how my heavy CSR Inverted pedals would not flex the thing on heavy and maybe also normal braking.
I know I will be able to to DIY the pedal plate and reinforce it but I am not quite sure about the wheel pilar and desk rigidity and how to improve it.

Any advice is much appreciated

took the plunge and confirmed my Purchase

the rig arrived on Friday but I had a business commitment in the evening so I put things together yesterday only.

Looks good although more vanilla cream color than pure white, I guess the thing staid in the retailer warehouse for some time:rolleyes:

Pretty confirmed that to my eyes, for what I paid the thing for here in Japan, its the best value for money you can get (anything else is min 10,000JPY).I might have one for another option if living in the US or Europe though.

the 3 problems I expected are there though, but I can live with that for the time being since doing a couple of hours driving didn't leave me with back or leg pains which is already a good thing;).

and my laptimes are within teh same second in several Sims I have tested the thing on:p

so issues and how I am tackling them for now

1. pedal plate is wobbling, fact is the grid pattern authorize me to bolt in only 2 of the 4 positions the CSR pedals allows which doesn't help.I will need to make reinforcement as I was planning to.
There was no way I could use my 3 pedal set and not having trouble with the brake position so I removed the clutch and moved the brake to the left and I am fine.I dont use gearshifter anyway so problem solved
2. the rig sits low as you mentioned so FOV either to my triple screen or the TV is not ideal.but I dont have neck pain as well this morning so the plate/caster I will build in the future will be an improvement.You can see from the pics that the wheel plate sits around 20cm below my table top level so this is more or less what I will need to reach
3 the wheel plate and pillar is wobbling under heavy and sudden counter steer. Bare in mind that my TS PC racer is a beast in terms of torque, short of a DD wheel not many wheels can output 6Nm, so again that was expected.I am using the 2 holes on the plate for fixing but also the TM clamp which something gets on the way of my knees considering what I have set as the ideal height position for me. I wish the wheel plate on the Playseat had this angle adjustment I showed on the pic above in the thread, that would fix thsi issue.I will complain to the retailer and see what they can do because the images on their website were clearly showing this angle adjustment feature being present

voila
overall a good experience, the thing is compact once the main bottom bar is slided to min position and the seat is reclined so thats a big plus for me, and the wife:D DSC_0259 (1024x576).jpgDSC_0261 (1024x576).jpg

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back