Players drop out of MP

Players drop out of MP for no reason other than they`ve got no chance of winning. This happens constantly. I had my best ever result tonight - a magnificent 6th place - from a starting field of 23.
Of course that achievement was somewhat diminished when there were only 8 finishers :mad:.

Some people are just not good with sportsmanship. The other day right after i messed up I slowed the car down and waited for a guy that i took out, it was my own fault. Instead of driving by me and pass, he rammed me at full speed :confused:
This too!
Sure there are jerks out there, but I think most of the crashes are unintended accidents.
Doesn't really make it better if every one tries to get even after every accident that occurs.. :O_o::mad::devilish:

And some times you think you got rammed, but after watching the replay you see that it was actually your own fault coming over on his line or that the other guy was in a blind spot for you. :redface:

I had an accident that I caused last night on Hockenheim, but he took it with sportsmanship!
I got of with an unexpectedly good start!
The guy in front had the opposite, so I bumped him from the rear and he spun out..
So I wrote sorry and waited for him to get passed me, and then we had a good battle for the rest of that race!! :thumbsup: (Sorry again K.Koch)

I'd say that at some point, with the introduction of ranking/point system, devs might take in consideration a sort of reward system that could increase pilot's ranking if he/she completes the race rather than leaving (a good way to maintain your rank in good standing)
If the player leaves, there might be an additional loss in his ranking value that gradually will move him/her to lower categories.
I think by the way that devs should take a look at how the "aftermath" of a DOTA 2 match works (MOBA game)
Its ranking/reward/report system really works well for a game where griefing and trolling could be likely to happen at any given second (comparable to wreckers or unfair drivers).
I'd think that this particular system could be interesting to analyze and, in a proper way, possible to adapt to the sim-racing world.
After all, you never know where a good idea might come from ;-)

I'd say that at some point, with the introduction of ranking/point system, devs might take in consideration a sort of reward system that could increase pilot's ranking if he/she completes the race rather than leaving (a good way to maintain your rank in good standing)
If the player leaves, there might be an additional loss in his ranking value that gradually will move him/her to lower categories.
I think by the way that devs should take a look at how the "aftermath" of a DOTA 2 match works (MOBA game)
Its ranking/reward/report system really works well for a game where griefing and trolling could be likely to happen at any given second (comparable to wreckers or unfair drivers).
I'd think that this particular system could be interesting to analyze and, in a proper way, possible to adapt to the sim-racing world.
After all, you never know where a good idea might come from ;-)
:thumbsup:

i think all the ranking stuff goes way over my head , i dont like how iracing does it , i doubt id like how anyone else doesit ; at present if you leave the game you get a dnf ,if you blow up the car you get a dnf

i already get punished enough by cut tracks that arent my fault etc (punted,forced to run wide to avoid incident etc etc )

So ill wait for league racing and that way the enviroment is controlled , id much prefer the devs have more time to fix and create basic game needs than building some sort of system that fluffs my ego or reminds me how crap i am ....

Anyway

Andi

I see the ranking system as a positive thing. Let's put the case one doesn't want to participate in a League (where pilots skill and race awareness is rather high) cause he's not too skilled, too slow compared to the other players or simply he has problems with his schedule, but he likes to race online from time to time. Without a ranking system he's more prone to end up in PUBS where crazy ppl might be and thus his experience would be ruined because of this. From my pov ranking will help reducing the chances of encountering these kind of situations.
the fair/unfair matter is I think has a minimal impact. If one keeps racing as he should, despite particular circumstances where something happens and he's not responsible, his ranking in the long run will see a positive increase cause of the nature of the fair-play driving style of the pilot.
In addition, if one doesn't like the ranking system, they could always introduce ranked servers and not ranked (it should be pretty easy to put up a matchmaking engine)

but why rank servers that are in the sense of the public lobby , plug and play ....

example , you come on line and cant race anyone as your ranking is too high or too low ....

hell if you want a racing experience , join a league if you want to just race , go public .... each has there part to play (once dedi servers are out)

iracing has a ranking/matching system that sucks like the inlet valve of the worlds biggest compressor : so you have to basically not race for ages , as if you do race you get contact /crashes /punts /abuse and lose ranking ... so you drive around at the back being a good boy and waiting the neccesairy 6 months to get to a ranking level were you can actually race a bit (well until you try to defend a racing line ) always scared that if when passing the guy in front decides to hit you and you get 4x and it ruins the whole day

So as i said i will be waiting for league racing

Andi

I leave when I create a gap of 4-5 seconds between the leading pack and the rest of the pack behind me. At that point, it's not fun anymore and I'm just hotlapping.

I would certainly finish, if the game would take my position, laptimes and clean racing into the statistics and safety rating gain, but because there's nothing at the end, I quit and find another race.

I leave when I create a gap of 4-5 seconds between the leading pack and the rest of the pack behind me. At that point, it's not fun anymore and I'm just hotlapping.

I would certainly finish, if the game would take my position, laptimes and clean racing into the statistics and safety rating gain, but because there's nothing at the end, I quit and find another race.

Do what i did in wtcc, pick the slowest car , that then creates racing ; or dont qualify ; that creates racing
or both

Andi

I know that until I have a lot more hours practice I`m always going to be at the back, so sometimes if the gap to the driver in front is insurmountable, I`ll just stop and wait for the guy behind me (if there is one :)), to catch up. Game on.:cool:
The good news for me is that my CSR Elite pedals arrived today. Some say using these pedals alone can knock at least 10 seconds off lap times, so I`ll be right up there at the front. Or not.

lol.

Let me know if the pedals do that!!!!!

i think people just need to understand this is a dialogue to figure out a potential solution, or not, to an issue. I see now, what I thought was my initial idea of a potential solution to be stupid. We need to have discussions like this to see all sides. Then go from there, obviously on a message board most people will never change their opinion, but most will see reason.

The good news for me is that my CSR Elite pedals arrived today. Some say using these pedals alone can knock at least 10 seconds off lap times, so I`ll be right up there at the front. Or not.

I got my pedals the other weekend and have fallen in love with them. Definitely make a big difference, not 10 secs worth?:O_o: but with my current speed I was able to pick up at least two tenths to 2 seconds on some tracks. I was able to go Deeper, harder and smoother with the brakes without huge lock ups if any, almost like having ABS, that good....for me at least. Hope they work out for you.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 333 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 224 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 169 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 289 13.4%