Player car failure

Hello,

I would like to know if values LifetimeAvg and LifetimeVar (in 'engine.ini' file) have impact on player car ? It will increase realism in championship season if you must retire due to engine (or others) car failure.

Those values absolutely matter to the user. For example, in the CART Extreme mod these are the default values from the Ford Cosworth engine:
LifetimeAvg=15705
LifetimeVar=4540

We found that the engine randomly died much too often, mostly due to the LifetimeVar. So for our league mod we have it set to this:
LifetimeAvg=15705
LifetimeVar=0

I am not sure what scale the values are actually based on - Renato or Neils would know but now our engines do not randomly fail in our series. We consider our actual computer/internet issues enough failures that we do not need the cars randomly dying as well. I hope this helps a little anyway. :)

I have tried to define a very small value for these settings. Result : my teammate (ai) blows the engine in the 1st lap but I never had a car failure during the race. I will compare Cart Extreme settings to know if I miss something.
Thanks Dann

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 364 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years