PlayDepartment News

The new blockbuster Tomb Raider adventure has been delayed to the year 2013. Developer Darrel Gallagher announced on the title’s official blog and refused to set a concrete date for next year. The previous Lara Croft game was released in 2008 and often praised by its trending graphics and strong storytelling. A 2012 release for [...]

Continue reading...

Weak Sony management has strengthened the success of the Xbox 360, an ex Microsoft employee stated pointing towards the transition from PlayStation 2 to PS3. A transition, which started in 2006, proved critical due to the console’s high price and the success of its predecessor. The retired head of entertainment & devices division at Microsoft, [...]

Continue reading...

EA is said to be prepping a competitor to the subscription based Call of Duty Elite service. It will be called Battlefield Premium and include much of the same perks and advantages for paid subscribers as Activision’s offering includes right now. Call of Duty Elite is not a separate game but a service poised to [...]

Continue reading...

This is ridiculous. We already pay £40 for the game, and more for each and every expansion and DLC that is released. Isn't that enough? Game publishers are just taking the mick out of the gaming community these days, squeezing every last drop out of us. The really sad thing is that there's enough fools out there for them to get away with it.

Garage Inc. is a 2.99 USD app for iPad that puts you in the shoes of a humble Italian garage owner in the 50s. Hold a minute, I hear you say, why would we review such as old app for crying out loud? Why not just skip this old rag? Of course you could but [...]

Continue reading...

I´m pretty sure it´s optional.
once upon a time we never had the option for this, simply because it didn't exist.... you see my point, they are making ways to milk us out of money, back then it was all free and part of the £40 you paid for the game anyways, now there making that content which would be free back then into money making....

for example, a AK-47 Silent would be free in a full game, but todays gaming market, you have to py a fee of £14 per month for you to even have that gun amongst other things.

Silly stuff, i'll stick to sim racing :p

Ok so before this existed, game developers handed out DLC´s for free?
Just download it and you are good to go?
(serious question)

It seems that instead of paying for every DLC you can instead buy a sub which covers all DLC´s which you would have to pay for anyways.
plus some other stuff.

This is just bad for the BF community. BF has a huge community that has played since the first BF was released. Most of these communities host servers as well. With this you will not see any of the maps included in said subscription in almost any server hosted outside of EA/Dice. I have 2 servers right now and have always had one for all of the BF games as well as other games. DLC's rarely make it into the rotation because nobody want's to pay for it and you end up with a server that is empty because you have added these maps that barely anyone has.

This is just a bad move on EA's part.

Ok so before this existed, game developers handed out DLC´s for free?
Just download it and you are good to go?
(serious question)

It seems that instead of paying for every DLC you can instead buy a sub which covers all DLC´s which you would have to pay for anyways.
plus some other stuff.
Ummm yes, alot of companys have done it, i do recount Dice doing it at one stage, i can't say they done it for Battlefield 2, as they did charge for their "Expansion Packs" which in itself was like a new mod with fresh content (vehicles,weapons,maps) today's standards it's either a new map pack, new weapon dlc , or both of them combined, you hardly see it all released in one package.... ofcourse again the greedy buggers want to milk us!

Ummm yes, alot of companys have done it, i do recount Dice doing it at one stage, i can't say they done it for Battlefield 2, as they did charge for their "Expansion Packs" which in itself was like a new mod with fresh content (vehicles,weapons,maps) today's standards it's either a new map pack, new weapon dlc , or both of them combined, you hardly see it all released in one package.... ofcourse again the greedy buggers want to milk us!
Hmm ok i thought pretty much every DLC ever created was charged for.

But maybe as you say it´s the content in those that has changed.
Before it was worth to pay those money because you got a new game essentially.

Now you get new skins on already owned weapons. (not really but you get the idea)

Publishers Activision and EA have managed to come to an agreement away from court regarding the lawsuit Activision had started against EA and two former employees. The former employees had started a lawsuit against Activision for not paying loyalties following the release of Call of Duty MW2, the publisher responded by starting its own lawsuit [...]

Continue reading...

A website called Videocardz claims to know that Nvidia is working on a mobile version of its popular GeForce GTX 680 GPU. The card is positioned to triumph anything on the market for notebooks today. The new GTX 680M will contain half the amount of CUDA cores of its bigger brother, resulting in a total of 744 [...]

Continue reading...

Sega is on the verge of releasing four retro game packages. The titles will appear in the Sony Entertainment store and Xbox Live store. Offering includes greats such as Wonder Boy and Golden Axe and will appear spread across May 23rd or May 30th. The first flood of games from Sega’s stable will appear in [...]

Continue reading...

Epic Games has unleashed a first batch of screenshots from its new Unreal Engine 4 tech demo. The illustrations first surfaced on the Wired website and was part of a large introduction article promoting the new engine. The screenshots show a fantasy medieval setting with knights and devilish characters in an unusual clean dungeon. Fire [...]

Continue reading...

The popular fighting game Tekken will soon gain a second movie adoption. The first movie was simply called Tekken and followed the dos and don’ts from Jin Kazama as he seeks vengeance for his mother’s death. The second movie is titled Tekken: Rise of the Tournament and will act as a prequel to the previous [...]

Continue reading...

The upcoming Gearbox shooter Aliens: Colonial Marines has been delayed to February 2013; developer Sega released a press item this Monday. This isn’t the first delay as its previous release date of fall 2012 was already the result of various setbacks. Sega and Gearbox first revealed the title in 2008 as an advanced shooter for [...]

Continue reading...

2K games has revealed new release dates for its new blockbuster titles XCOM: Shooter Unknown and XCOM. Enemy Unknown will appear on October 12th 2012 and is the first game in the franchise; XCOM (no subtitle) is positioned for an unspecified 2013 release, presumably in the spring. Both titles will appear on the three major [...]

Continue reading...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back