Plans for new tracks?

Seen a lot of excitement over the Porsche cars and i'm definitely excited, but has there been any announcement of new tracks?

I find that Assetto lacks career and track opportunities at this point. Despite some decent third party options, i'd much rather see more official tracks released.

Laguna Seca rumor if true could be good news.

As it would be first time they would be buying laser scan data instead of actually going to track themselves.

That would save time and travel costs.

If you remember Barcelona/Ring/Brands etc they always posted pictures of them on the actual track.

Laguna Seca rumor if true could be good news.

As it would be first time they would be buying laser scan data instead of actually going to track themselves.

That would save time and travel costs.

If you remember Barcelona/Ring/Brands etc they always posted pictures of them on the actual track.
No, they also bought the Nordschleife scan data by a company called 3D Mapping Solutions GmbH.

I don't recall that there was lots of photos from Luca/Marco/Aris like this.

http://www.assettocorsa.net//wp-content/uploads/2015/03/on_track.jpg

Sure they still went there to take reference photos, but nobody scans Nords themselves. iR, R3E and AC all use the same laser scan data.

AC definitely needs more tracks as even outstanding mod tracks are not used online.

Not only that, but people need to actually use the official tracks :p Zandvoort, Vallelunga, and Silverstone are hardly used.

You never know, we might even get the Porsche test track (and I'd love them to add their Fiorano model from Ferrari Academy!)

It makes little sense to spend money and effort to recreate a track that does not have pitstops. It could be used only for test day.

A conversion of the FVA could be possible for a moder.

It makes little sense to spend money and effort to recreate a track that does not have pitstops. It could be used only for test day.

A conversion of the FVA could be possible for a moder.
Depends on your desires for the game. I'd really enjoy the Porsche test track for offline hotlap ping personally. Same with Fiorano.

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back