Tracks Planning a Goodwood Hillclimb Track Mod

It is your opinion. I like to drive on this circuit and i think some people too. You don't like it but me yes. Also this is the only one Goodwood track we have.

If you can do better, just do it.
If you haven't noticed from other threads, Lilski already has two other tracks prioritized: Watkins Glen & Augusta. I'm not gonna let him deviate from those plans :sneaky:

@LilSki has been posting that google earth images can be very inacurrate too, but I wonder how much.

I have compared google images to Ordnance Survey master map data and agree. Over 1km between points the google image can be up to 10m out, so if your circuit is 2km wide east to west you could be over a track width out of position.

You are working on it too ? :) What about you guys, both working on it, is it possible to do efficiently ? Because I guess that two people working on same track could end up being even more difficult. Unless both would be doing well defined and organised tasks, which wouldn't be interfering each other, like trackside objects vs track, terrain vs vegetation vs textures...

Thanks for the link Willy :) I already see Goodwood circuit cloud opened with Cloud Compare :) Now I have no idea what to do lol (not saying that I'm going to do the track, I'm just interested to try working with point cloud).

You are working on it too ? :) What about you guys, both working on it, is it possible to do efficiently ? Because I guess that two people working on same track could end up being even more difficult. Unless both would be doing well defined and organised tasks, which wouldn't be interfering each other, like trackside objects vs track, terrain vs vegetation vs textures...

Thanks for the link Willy :) I already see Goodwood circuit cloud opened with Cloud Compare :) Now I have no idea what to do lol (not saying that I'm going to do the track, I'm just interested to try working with point cloud).

Once you have all the tiles you want in cloud compare you need to mesh it. I'm on my phone but it's something like Edit menu --> Mesh --> XY Plane

You need to select the cloud elements in the tree that you want to mesh. Then export it

It feels so great to see this ! #pride :D
MEa1a4H.jpg

• Deleted member 223075

:rolleyes:

This guy... You understand that LilSki is about 1000 times more competitive in this field than you ? You didn't make much sense, so you got a response. What else do you want, everybody to agree with you ? There is no point to escalate this further. The Goodwood mod which we have is not accurate enough, and is outdated conversion (more than ten years old model), also conversion lacks TLC too. Very fun fun anyways, but could be much better. It has many nice textures though lol

Also it has been said already in this thread before, so it me this looks like ordering for attention.

Do you see lidar screen above ?

Would it be possible to include the garages as well so that you drive up to the start line and drive by all the other cars which are there for exposition? And if you could add a path from the finish line to the start line so you don't have to teleport back to the pits?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back