Pitstops During Pace Car Periods

Have found on a few occasions that cars run out of fuel because the pitlane is closed for the first lap of a safety car period.
Is there a way that you can have the pitlane remain open at all times during a safety car period?

Several classes don't allow race refuelling. In fact, by default, only 5 series allows it (Stock Car, V8 Supercars, Boxer, F3 and another one). Reiza made this to match real-life series.

But, you can also alter the series file (SRS) to change this. Find the option "RaceRefueling", and set to 1 in order to allow refuelling when performing pitstop.

Several classes don't allow race refuelling. In fact, by default, only 5 series allows it (Stock Car, V8 Supercars, Boxer, F3 and another one). Reiza made this to match real-life series.

But, you can also alter the series file (SRS) to change this. Find the option "RaceRefueling", and set to 1 in order to allow refuelling when performing pitstop.

Isn't another option to just use "All Cars and Tracks" to set up your own equivalent of a series? I believe the refueling restriction rules are ignored when you do that.

No this does allow pitstops and refuelling... the problem is with the REZIA updates. They tweaked the fuel usage about 4 updates ago and the Virgin Australia 2017 Supercar mod which uses the Super V8 mod cars has had fuel problems since...
IE cars running out of fuel instead of pitstopping, or pitting too many times, while the rest of the field either makes it home or some run out of fuel.
Its very random, its always different cars so cannot blame a particular car- team ect.
Its frustrating cause they were working just fine until REZIA changed the values in one of their game updates.
They have tweaked them a couple of times in their updates to fix it but with no success!
Fingers crossed they can sort it... i want to have a decent race against the AI cause i dont have time to do online races... joys of working interstate and shift work to boot!

The way you say it's the mod problem. The modders need to update their files. Happens from time to time, I've had to update some of my skinpacks here in RD because of this.

Can you perform a race with default SuperV8 content to check if this happens there also?

OK so spoke with the creators of the Virgin Austraia Supercars 2017 mod and they have confirmed that their mod only changes the skins on the car... no physics of the Super V8 cars are changed.
So its the fuel use files that REZIA have tweaked that is causing the problem.... these problems have only started since the fuel use files were tweaked by REZIA about 5 updates ago to Automoblista... before that there was never a problem with AI fuel in either mod.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back