Pitstop in Single player mode with AI

I would like to know, if is it possible to set for AI a mandatory pitstop (or more of them)?
And if AI ever pit in long races? Never seem them so far.

I have asked these same questions about AI and pitstops several times:

1. Is there a way to require the AI to make a pit stop during a race? This is especially important when setting up your own Championships. If I have to make a pit stop ... I want the AI to do it too.

2. What is the maximum race distance that the AI would be forced by AC to make a pit stop?

If Kunos dropped the ball on AI pitstops for AC ... can/will there ever be an app that will help with this? Or are pitstops for AI as impossible as darkness and weather?:rolleyes:

Exactly. I am doing some physics tests lately, and decided to do some long runs with AI in championship. But its a bit pointless, since lots of important stiff that needed to be set, are missing.
Would be good to have some app, that allows that. Anyone knows maybe?

I'd like to have pit stops for ai and player too. I haven't done it yet.

I'm supposing that it could be possible if you set the fuel consumption to a high enough multiplier - would that sort it out?
I tried it already, if you set fuel consumption higher than normal, the AI goes crazy and make completely crazy strategies stopping 4-5 times in a race when it should stop only 1 time for example.

Well, interesting. They do pitstops if they have to, given cars that consume more fuel during a race than what they can load. My personal opinion: The whole AI championship isn't worth it anyways, even at 100% strength, to me, it is pointless, because I win every time on any track with my favorite gang of cars and so do most of the true racing freaks anyway sooner or later.

Pick your favorite car, pick the strongest opponent cars from different eras, go race with them on your favorite tracks and after very short time you will find out, that they cannot beat you. Then you will go online and afterwards search for a league to find good competition...

I tried it already, if you set fuel consumption higher than normal, the AI goes crazy and make completely crazy strategies stopping 4-5 times in a race when it should stop only 1 time for example.

I did a little research on this. How did you set the fuel consumption for the AI?

Sorry ... wrong sim.
Deleted garbage to save space.

Last edited:
I did a little research on this. How did you set the fuel consumption for the AI? Post #6 from THIS thread suggests to do it like this, QUOTE:

There are several things to do.

1st. Make mandatory pit stop to the AI

"In the GDB file, add the following lines:

PitStopStrategies
{
Driver1 = 2 - 20,30
Driver2 = 2 - 25,50
Driver3 = 3 - 15,30,45
}

Explanation:
Driver1 = 2 - 20,30
Driver1 is the name of the driver as used in the veh file
2 is the number of pit stops
20,30 are the lap numbers that the driver will stop on
Apparently for this to work you must type it exactly in the format shown i.e leave the spaces round the = and nospaces round the lap numbers."

2nd, Increase the fuel consuption 7x in the game setting.

3rd. If it is a mod go to the vehicle HDV and modify the following line:

example
FuelRange=(1.0, 1.0, 230) to FuelRange=(1.0, 1.0, 10) (in this way the maximum tank capacity willl be 10 liter)
//Pitstop1Range=(0.0, 1.0, 200) to //Pitstop1Range=(0.0, 1.0, 10)

//Pitstop2Range=(0.0, 1.0, 200) to //Pitstop2Range=(0.0, 1.0, 10)

//Pitstop3Range=(0.0, 1.0, 200) to //Pitstop2Range=(0.0, 1.0, 10)

The numbers was just example.

I hope I was explaning clearly as my English not so good.

END QUOTE.

I don't know if this procedure works or not ... but if it worked, I'm sure somebody would have made an AI Pit Stop App using it by now. I would try it but I know ZERO about this kind of stuff.
This is for Automobilista, not Assetto Corsa.

Sorry. I tried at least.
In Content Manager, click on the 3 dots to the right of tyre blankets. This will open a menu where you can up the fuel consumption or tire wear. That will do the trick, but as someone said, they tend to over pit a bit. They will sometimes come in with 2+ additional laps in the tank. Not too terrible I guess. I also tested this with 1x tire wear, so I could rule out that they were pitting for tires instead of fuel.

The thing that baffles me is that I've noticed that the AI start with various amounts of fuel in their tanks. I know that it could be a race strategy, but some pretty odd ball results can be seen. In one case at the start of the race, a car only took enough fuel for 2 laps of a 50 lap race. Other cars took full fuel loads. Seriously what is going on here?

I would like to know, if is it possible to set for AI a mandatory pitstop (or more of them)?
And it AI ever pit in long races? Never seem them so far.

In Content Manager, click on the 3 dots to the right of tyre blankets. This will open a menu where you can up the fuel consumption or tire wear. That will do the trick, but as someone said, they tend to over pit a bit.

If this really works, perhaps the maker of Content Manager could make Pitstops for AI a simpler, more push button process.

Anybody know how to get in touch with him?

I had a problem in the streets of Toronto. It was the opposite - AI pitted in 10 lap race, and then I found a brilliant sentence in reddit: "Are you using a mod track? A lot of them that have this happen can be fixed if you copy the 'fast_lane.ai' file from the 'ai' folder and paste it into the 'data' folder. You then need to rename the copy to 'ideal_line.ai'." I did it, and AI did not pit!
So just in case...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 351 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 244 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years