Tracks pitlane out time register issue.

So, I dont know if anyone else has had this problem, and i tried to search in a lot of forums and didnt found an anwer, Im pretty sure this is an stupid issue, but here I go.. My first try with a track. So, because the first garage is behind the finish line, the pitting out lap is being counted, and off course, sets times of 18 or 16 seconds for a lap record... is it there something Im missing... sorry again if this is a very well known and already talked issue, but I couldnt find anything in the forums XD

1616623735871.png

1 is the pit box assigned to first position
2 Is the finishline

EDIT: SOLVED with the help of @The-IC (thanks to @NightEye87 also)
You can solve this problem by adding additional timing gate nulls.

" i.e. start/finish is between your AC_TIME_0_L, AC_TIME_0_R objects, then sector 1 finishes between AC_TIME_1_L, AC_TIME_1_R, sector 2 between AC_TIME_2_L, AC_TIME_2_R etc. With the sector gates in, you have to pass through every one in order before it'll record a lap. "

Last edited:
I've had inexplainable issues with timing before. Make sure to make all timing objects single user in Blender (or whatever it's called in other software) and re-export it. That has fixed it for me back then.

Also, just to be sure, is your pitlane defined as pitlane? The game should then know (or maybe it does already because it's AC_PIT_x) to ignore the first lap if you're starting there.

Have you got additional sector time gates setup properly? i.e. start/finish is between your AC_TIME_0_L, AC_TIME_0_R objects, then sector 1 finishes between AC_TIME_1_L, AC_TIME_1_R, sector 2 between AC_TIME_2_L, AC_TIME_2_R etc. With the sector gates in, you have to pass through every one in order before it'll record a lap.

If you don't have additional sector gates or they're named incorrectly, all that's required for a valid lap is to cross through the start finish line gates without going over a track surface that's flagged invalid, which you can do with that weird first lap that starts counting the moment you start a new AC session...so if your pitbox is behind the only working time gates, you get the exact problem you're having here

@NightEye87 I don't think the pit surface does anything to times, hosted a few league races where the start line was early on the main straight and the first pitbox was close enough to the exit that if you left immediately as the session started, you could record a time that was too fast...had to flag the pit surface as invalid to stop that trick from working on those particular tracks

Usually in practice mode, when you're starting from pits, the game knows not to count that first lap. Either that's because of the AC_PIT_0 or because of IS_PITLANE=1. I had no idea, so best to double check :)

I just checked, atleast with Sidekick, that IS_PITLANE=1 is its trigger to invalidate the lap (red time). Not sure about Kunos timing.

If you don't have additional sector gates or they're named incorrectly, all that's required for a valid lap is to cross through the start finish line gates without going over a track surface that's flagged invalid, which you can do with that weird first lap that starts counting the moment you start a new AC session...so if your pitbox is behind the only working time gates, you get the exact problem you're having here
Ah yes, I remember now, that was the case for me too; where the hotlap position was in front of the sector gate.

Last edited:
Have you got additional sector time gates setup properly? i.e. start/finish is between your AC_TIME_0_L, AC_TIME_0_R objects, then sector 1 finishes between AC_TIME_1_L, AC_TIME_1_R, sector 2 between AC_TIME_2_L, AC_TIME_2_R etc. With the sector gates in, you have to pass through every one in order before it'll record a lap.

@NightEye87 I don't think the pit surface does anything to times, hosted a few league races where the start line was early on the main straight and the first pitbox was close enough to the exit that if you left immediately as the session started, you could record a time that was too fast...had to flag the pit surface as invalid to stop that trick from working on those particular tracks
yes! you were right, adding aditional timing gates solved the thing. Thanks a lot mate!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back