Pitcrews for oldtimes mods!?

I wanna suggest for modders out there to create Pitcrews for all those oldtime mods we have. For ex. for the F1-1967 mod etc. pp. I think that would be making racing there more realistic. Maybe this is worthwhile being considered. Thx. ;)

Except that it is time consuming, an important part of the job is to find HQ textures with high resolution as 5000 or 6000 pixels height at least (this is the kind resolution I have used to make the sparco suits)... I have searched on google but I have only found low resolution pics like 2000 or 3000 pixels max :(

Don't wanna make an extra thread, I think it kinda fits in: I have noticed that when I mod the crewchief or even when none at all is modded - that all pitcrews look alike on all teams at stops. However in the crew.gtr file there are infact several overalls in different colors etc. and Paul also made an HQ- mod for it as well. So my question: Am I doing sth. wrong or how come that all folks look the same - and is there a hint to have different teams for the different pits!? Can't believe that the good game has such a weak level of showing the crews!? All the same! Really!? :-O Thx for some opinions and possible help!

One reason there's been little done in this area is that it's only useful if you have all pit crews displayed, something many eschew as a major resource hog, so it is a lot of work for a little extra eye candy for a few people.

I would be happy with just individual series crew chiefs so I'm not always looking at the same guy motioning me out of the pit whether I'm driving a '37, '67, or '07 mod; plus he's the one I see mostly when I pit anyway. (And 8k graphics aren't necessary for me, I'm still running in 1920x1080, cars look fine and they're only 2k graphics.)

Numerous rfactor mods have custom pit crew, too bad rfactor pit folks are so static ...that guy pointing to the pit exit looks like an inflatable doll, I want to stick a pin in him as I drive by just to see him fly off like a balloon.

Yes! This has been a long time desire (and disappointment) of mine for years. :(:(
The "Modern" Generic pit crews in GTR2 have been an ongoing stone in my shoe with ALL the "Classic" Era mods i do.
I spent days trying different ways to change the heads of the Crews in GTR2 to suitable ones. but it appears that the Models are very Specific when it comes to the Size and number of polys and pivot points in the heads?

I thought i'd cracked it at one point when i made the generic helmet textures invisible (like the invisible wheels flying cars trick etc) but the "added" heads just would not show or move. :mad:

I tried many different combinations and model head changes all to no avail. the only things i changed successfully were the suits etc, and removing the headphones on the Helmetless Crew chief etc?

The Guy (or woman reg) who manages this, would be for me (or women reg) THE Hero of the decade in GTR2 Modding! Coughphilrob,Coughfreeracercough. (or women regcough cough)
So i'm watching this thread and lying in bed awake at nights Dreeeming of someone making this happen? Thanks for starting this thread, it was long overdue.

I remember reading a general consensus years ago, (about 100?) on a GPL Forum where they said adding new cars, or Especially Sports cars could never be done! So lets not give up. :)

Last edited:
Yeah, I can imagine it'd be hard to create pit crew from the 50's and 60's, you know, cigarette in the mouth while refuelling the car with a steel drum, while wearing a string vest and 'cor-blimey' trousers, the chubby trilby wearing timekeeper/Manager in rolled up shirtsleeves, standing inches away from the track, while the jack man and the copper mallet wielding wheelmen lay part under the car attempting to dislodge an stuck wheel.
yeah, I'd buy that for a dollar, I'd be in the pits every lap.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 79 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 57 9.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 64 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 37 5.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 91 14.6%