Apps PitConfig [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@FWallner Has anyone been having issues with PitConfig putting in the wrong amount of fuel? I double-checked that I'm using "fuel total" instead of "fuel add", but it still filled my tank when I only wanted 86 liters total.

I'm guessing I'll dig into the code and try to suss out what's up. Other folks in my league are reporting similar behaviour. I'm running 2560x1080, another guy was running triples, and another guy was in VR.

Thanks,

Dave\Esotic

I've been looking at PitConfig more and I think it does indeed have a bug that is expressed primarily at very high frame rates.

Due to the way AC reports being "InPit" it does not always line up with when the Pit Dialog is displayed (this is a bug in AC, if you ask me, but it's how it is). I.E. you can get the Pit Dialog even when the API does not consider you to be InPit. PitConfig is attempting to discover when you are near enough to the pits that the dialog is probably showing. Once it's attempted to automate the pit stop for you it will not try again until your car moves. This is where I think the problem comes from, because when you brake hard into the pits the car may still have some very small amount of motion, which PitConfig is picking up as "moving" and then allowing the PitStop automation code to fire off a second (or third) time while the PitStop dialog is still active. This all happens within less then 0.2 seconds. I've been testing a higher value for detecting when the car "moves", and that seems to help. I may post up a .Zip once my changes are fully tested.

Cheers,

Dave\Esotic

I can't use the normal pitmenu if PitConfig is installed. I could do that fine before the last patch. And when I used PitConfig, my tires were not fixed for some reason. It works in practice mode, but not in a race.

The current version of PitConfig is coded to only work in race sessions, so it is doing no work in practice sessions. The whole purpose of PitConfig is to automate the pit menu button pushing for you during a race, so I'm still not sure of the exact problem you're having or how to reproduce it.

Cheers,

Dave/Esotic

ok, the problem is that the pit menu flashed away when in a race, even though I didn't have PitConfig open. I hadn't set PitConfig up to do anything, but still the normal pit menu just flashed on screen and was gone again. So I backed up and enabled pitconfig, then went back into pit so it could fix my car and change tires. But even after a tire change, my tires were only up to 90% health for some reason.

You are correct in noticing that PitConfig will continue to work even when it is not visible on screen. There are many add-on apps that continue to capture data and do work in the background even when they are not visible (so they can show you accurate data if/when you do make them visible).

The other part of the problem would probably require some investigating. Thanks for explaining. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 350 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 243 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%