Pitbox allocation

As per the title how are pitboxes allocated when using a 1 or 2 car team?

I have allocated pit groups 1 to 13 to the 26 cars in our skinpack.

The reason I ask is that I have 2 x 1 car team to run using pit group 9 for example and each time i load into a track it swaps the order of bays.

My files are named as such
Driver 1:
DefaultLivery="17_FGX_006_WAT_R01.dds"
Pitbox="17_FGX_006_WAT_R01_PitBox"

Driver 2:
DefaultLivery="17_FGX_001_WIN_R01.dds"
Pitbox="17_FGX_001_WIN_R01_PitBox"

Is there a way to allocate a specific bay to each driver?

How is it determined which driver uses what bay, is it by driver name or number or some other method?

I would like to get this resolved so we can update all the pitbox decals for our skinpack

I think it is this line in the .veh file that defines the pit box:
PitGroup="Group1"
But it sounds like this is what you have done already? I have never played a lot with this but yes, it does not seem to work 100% on each track…
The Pitbox line only define the graphics to use with this car, it does not allocate the pit box… I'm almost sure of that one.

I think it is this line in the .veh file that defines the pit box:
PitGroup="Group1"
But it sounds like this is what you have done already? I have never played a lot with this but yes, it does not seem to work 100% on each track…
The Pitbox line only define the graphics to use with this car, it does not allocate the pit box… I'm almost sure of that one.

Yes they are all assigned in the VEH to various pit groups as follows

PitGroup="Group9"

Correct the pitbox line only determines the texture and as you say the Pitgroup determines the location on pitlane

Check your .srs file

I think there's a rule set that determines how boxes are assigned i.e by qualifying place and also let's you determine how many cars share each pitbox e.g Group 9 allows 3 cars, 10 allows 2, 11 just the one.

Cheers for that extra info.

I see the lines in the srs file so I might have a play around with that and see what happens but I suspect if I change a pitgroup to have 1 car it will leave the bay next to it empty.

I have the same problem when I did the Endurance Brasil skinpack. Never bother to it, but I believe there's a rule with driver names in VEH files.
Consider checking Stock Car Brasil veh files. Besides it is original content, their pit art have driver's names on each side of box, so they must find a way to fix them.

I have the same problem when I did the Endurance Brasil skinpack. Never bother to it, but I believe there's a rule with driver names in VEH files.
Consider checking Stock Car Brasil veh files. Besides it is original content, their pit art have driver's names on each side of box, so they must find a way to fix them.

Cheers

I will take a look

Nope they have the same issue...LMFAO
20170330155144_1.jpg

when i put ReversePitOrder=1 in the track gdb file it swapped the cars over

Does doing this create a missmatch online (not that I would think it would be my job to do this for all tracks)?

There are instances where the cars are in the correct pit bay BUT the signage is incorrect and if I swap the signage around and reload the track sometimes its fine and others the cars swap too so it solves nothing.

Thanks for the input though :)

Does doing this create a missmatch online (not that I would think it would be my job to do this for all tracks)?

There are instances where the cars are in the correct pit bay BUT the signage is incorrect and if I swap the signage around and reload the track sometimes its fine and others the cars swap too so it solves nothing.

Thanks for the input though :)

Forgive me if I've misunderstood the problem. I'm assuming you mean making sure the correct car is in the correct garage bay? Rather than making sure issues don't appear during pitstops (two cars stopping on the same space).

The PitBox décor was added by Reiza in on of the last updates so it's not technically a perfect addon. I think it's simply a nice way of adding team graphics to the pits area (and have a funky looking truck! ;))

You can specify the pit groups but no, I don't think you can specify where the car sits in the garage. I've done numerous pitbox livery files for AMS and on some tracks the cars are one way round and on others the other way round and so on. You can even load the same track multiple times and the cars will swap back and fourth. You can't seem to fix this issue. I don't see it as a big problem as it's nice to have the livery in the garage anyway.

My guess is it's all down the order in which the game randomly loads the cars but I can't see how you would control that. I haven't seen anything to allow me to.

Sorry I can't be of any more help but just sharing my experience.

@Andrew Harper We have the same experiences.

And while I agree its a nice touch to have the extra graphics either way BUT the inner perfectionist screams they are not correct...LOL

About the only thing I can think to do (I cant remember if I tried this already) is to see what happens if I set them all up as single car teams even though there are 2 car teams technically in the mix.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 181 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 356 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 498 39.1%