pit stops

I am doing 1 hour race with mini at cadwell park. There are no pit rules. Should I load up enough gas for the whole distance and take no pit. Or would it be faster to split the raca with one stop for gas or tires or both. :)

well Marty its all depend, its a personnal choice and you have to take in consideration if your tires will last or not, if after 30 minutes the tires are all gone and you have not plan to pit then it become a problem and also can cost your race, my advice is to test your setup on a long run with the fuel for a none stop race and see if the tires are lasting. hope it help

cheers :thumb:

If you drive anything like me then your tyres will not last the hour.

Aslo as this is a add on track i suggest you are a bit more generous with fuel as at the last event at Laguna i run out on the last lap but believed i had enough fuel according the laps and litres that i got from the car setup.

I just wish they made the auto pit stop more user friendly as if you forget to confirm (like i did LOL) you are lumbered, maybe manual pits is the way forward for me as you have more control :)

well Marty its all depend, its a personnal choice and you have to take in consideration if your tires will last or not, if after 30 minutes the tires are all gone and you have not plan to pit then it become a problem and also can cost your race, my advice is to test your setup on a long run with the fuel for a none stop race and see if the tires are lasting. hope it help

cheers :thumb:
Thanks Yves I tried this and set up pit for tires only. I set fuel at
start for 38 laps. I was averaging about 1:36 a lap And then about 22 laps in they went up to around 1:39. I pitted with tires only and averaged around 1:36 for the rest of the race. Even saw a 1:34 on last stint. 37 laps total so I may need to ad more fuel than 38 laps. Thanks for help guys. Marty :thumb:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 230 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 223 14.3%