Pit Stops?

A couple of my mates and I have got into doing some extended races over 60 to 100 laps and are being frustrated by the pit stops of the AI. Whilst it takes us about 30 to 40 seconds a stop (actually stopped in the pits) the AI do it anywhere between 12 to 20 seconds stopped. as a result, we have to do fewer stops with much tyre degradation which takes away the challenge for us somewhat. Why is this? Can I modify certain files to ensure that the AI also have to pit as long as we do? Am I setting something up wrong?

On another note, my Kyalami track that I downloaded has a problem in that the AI do not fuel up with enough fuel to complete the race - there must be a file setting somewhere that I can change the fuel allocated per lap -how do I do this?

Thanks

about pitstop of the Ai i don't know if is possible to modify it, but i know why usually AI is more fast to doing it..... is because usually AI cars starts with a full tank and usually they change only 2 tyres!!! ;)

this explain why they are so fast in the pit stops!! ;)

AI is so inreliable for race events.

Why not just race online with us here at RD? it's free ya know. All you have to do is behave yourself and it beats the hell out of what your doing now.

The only drawback being that you can't just jump into an RD event whenever you please. I have to race against the AI a lot, to fill in the gaps.

Indeed, I already noticed that the US club has many more Race series events, but they're generally too late for me as I'm in the UK. In the Euro club there are only two for me per week. That means the rest of the time has to be either public servers or AI. Given that choice, I go for AI every time. :tongue:

I am down in sunny SA so the times don't always fit my schedule, but i do agree with you, thats the way to go. Also means have to upgrade to uncapped broadband - wife complains bitterly when I race on the public servers :)

We just did a 60 lap race this morning at Imola and the AI still nails us on the pits. We pitted twice, every 20 laps, and they pit three or four times and still get into our air, this after working out seconds per liter to be filled in and time per axle changing tyres, so that we have now developed a flipping excel program to calculate what we should do to nail the things. 20 laps is pushing it due to tyre degradation, but if we pit more than that, we get knocked right back, out of the points.

Anyway, thanks for the invites and the info - wait till I am upgraded, then watch for a little Lada on the track.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 282 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 190 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 249 13.4%