Pit Stops help

Up until today I only raced ACC in short 20-30 minute offline races, but I want to introduce pit stops to make things more exciting, so today I tried a 1 hour long race at Spa with a required stop for tires only.

I believed that as long as i stopped at my pit spot during the pit window, the game will take care of changing tires, but when I made my stop, the mechanics didnt do anything, so I got out of pits and at the end was disqualified...

I looked up a video about how to do pit stops in ACC and Aris mentions that the game should take care of strategy unless you want to change things up in the Pit display... Since I play with no visible HUD, I dont see the pit adjustments window... so I have a few questions...

Is it strictly required to have the HUD visible in order to perform pit stops? Can I set up the pit strategy on the formation lap and then hide the HUD?

I remember setting up the strategy in the setup menu before the race and picked which tire set to use on the stop...

What am I missing here? Thanks!

The only time ive had that happen to me was when i hadnt selected a 2nd set of tyres for the stop, are you sure you did?
You can set the pit strategy before the race in the pit menu, set tyre pressures and which set of tyres to use, cant think of any other reason.

The only time ive had that happen to me was when i hadnt selected a 2nd set of tyres for the stop, are you sure you did?
You can set the pit strategy before the race in the pit menu, set tyre pressures and which set of tyres to use, cant think of any other reason.

Yes, I’m pretty sure I selected an unused set of tires before the race.. wonder if that’s what caused the issue.. I have unlimited tires selected and chose something like “set 4”

Using a wheel button with the assignment for the MFD ... allows to toggle the Hud with this pit menu.
In the toggle choice ... you have one with no display.

So you may easily toggle to the pit menu and once the pitstop done hide it toggling once more to your prefered display ( = none ;) ).

Different reason for a not done pitstop:
- sure you were perfectly placed at the right spot ? ... you have to feel your car moved up
- before the race did you do a qualifying session ? and came back different times with Esc to the pits ?.... as each time you'll do it ... the next tyre preset is automatically the next one ....
example: using tyre preset 1and stopping 3 times ... you'll get preset 4 ... and as you chose this one for the race .... it was still used and still placed on the car .... so no need to change them if they are already placed !

Using a wheel button with the assignment for the MFD ... allows to toggle the Hud with this pit menu.
In the toggle choice ... you have one with no display.

So you may easily toggle to the pit menu and once the pitstop done hide it toggling once more to your prefered display ( = none ;) ).

Different reason for a not done pitstop:
- sure you were perfectly placed at the right spot ? ... you have to feel your car moved up
- before the race did you do a qualifying session ? and came back different times with Esc to the pits ?.... as each time you'll do it ... the next tyre preset is automatically the next one ....
example: using tyre preset 1and stopping 3 times ... you'll get preset 4 ... and as you chose this one for the race .... it was still used and still placed on the car .... so no need to change them if they are already placed !

thanks for your help man..I finally figured it out...

during the formation lap i brought out the HUD and made sure the change tires option was checked and also I didn’t know there was an obligatory driver swap so i also had to select the second driver, i can hide the UI after this, but even after making this changes there was something missing... I had to turn off the engine! Now everything works when I stop during the pit window.. thanks!

For the driver swap, that was also one problem I suspected ... but a custom session of 1 hour doesn't necessarily imply a driver's swap compared to an original 1 hour race.

Anyway, the visible hud even only for a while is mandatory when driving a session with a pitstop.
That's always what I do ( only display this FMD Hud just for a while when necessary ) ;)

NB: not a real fan of this ACC Hud with just a few basic settings without being able to move anything separately. :whistling:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back