Pit Stop Tutorial June 2017

I dont know if there is another thread about it.
If there is, admins can delete it. :)

When we are doing a mandatory pitstop, we have a time window to do our pit stop.
You will get a notice 2-3 minutes before the pit lane will open and 2-3 minutes before the pitlane will close.
The procedure is a little bit tricky and many of us, we have lost either time, or we had to do another pitstop, or at the worst case scenario we got DQ.
Thats why find time to practice your pit stops.

1) Create a pit stop preset and make sure you highlight green the things you want to change so you dont have many things to fix during pit stop.
20170602104059_1.jpg
20170602104104_1.jpg
2) Bind the correct keys and memorize them. This is my setup but you have to create your own. Just those are the necessary keys.
20170602104123_1.jpg
3) Open the pit stop request dialogue before you are very close to enter the pit lane, so you dont lose time.
4) Reduce speed and engage pit stop limiter before the pit lane entry, so you dont get a penalty.
5) When you are inside the pitlane activate the confirm pit stop actions.
20170602104410_1.jpg
6) Disengage the pit stop limiter after the pit lane exit.

Edit: If you have assigned buttons for Ignition and Starter you have to turn off and on your engine manually!!!!

Do some testing alone and find the keys that suits you best.

Have fun

Last edited:
Also, it should be noted that you only need to follow the pit lane speed limit after crossing the line with two cones (one at each side of the road) and a speed limit sign, usually located just outside the first pit stall, not on the entire pit road. I've seen quite a few people during my racing obeying the limit on the entire pit road and it can be quite frustrating (even if understandable) if you're hoping for a quick pit stop and someone holds you up like this.

Same with pit lane exit, again, after you cross the line with the cones and the speed limit sign, you can go as fast as you dare on the rest of the pit road.

Doesn't it cancel the pitstop when you do that? I thought it did.
You press it again and it enables it.
When you press the pit request toggle, you do it if you want to make some changes to the preset and so the pit crew will be more ready for you, even if you dont open it its not a problem you will just lose a little time.
You close it only if, like Kenny said, it interferes with your view. but its not a big problem if you activate it half a minute before you enter the pit.

Also, it should be noted that you only need to follow the pit lane speed limit after crossing the line with two cones (one at each side of the road) and a speed limit sign, usually located just outside the first pit stall, not on the entire pit road. I've seen quite a few people during my racing obeying the limit on the entire pit road and it can be quite frustrating (even if understandable) if you're hoping for a quick pit stop and someone holds you up like this.

Same with pit lane exit, again, after you cross the line with the cones and the speed limit sign, you can go as fast as you dare on the rest of the pit road.

At every single track is different, thats why you need to practice the pit stop, so you can find the pit lane entry line and exit line. Unfortunately its not that clear. At some tracks is totally messed up, so it needs practice.
The only correct way to do that is with pictures from the correct points,
but we have too many tracks to start and do that :D

I made this tutorial for the new racers at RaceRoom.
Everyone of us, is doing something different. Something that fits our needs and capabilities.
As i said every body is free to add if i forgot something.

I'm feeling really stupid but for the life of me, I cannot get pit stops to be recognized in R3E. This tutorial and from a vid I watched, it is just not working for me. My understanding is I have the pit stop window open when I'm rolling down pit lane, I should be able to confirm my pit stop. Notice in my screenshot, I have nowhere to confirm pit stop actions. What am I doing wrong?

266ur1d.jpg

I'm feeling really stupid but for the life of me, I cannot get pit stops to be recognized in R3E. This tutorial and from a vid I watched, it is just not working for me. My understanding is I have the pit stop window open when I'm rolling down pit lane, I should be able to confirm my pit stop. Notice in my screenshot, I have nowhere to confirm pit stop actions. What am I doing wrong?

266ur1d.jpg

The pit stop process was slightly streamlined in a recent update. So, it would be slightly different than the video you saw last year.

You are correct that you should open the pit window before entering the pit lane, as you can see in your picture. Then all you need to do is confirm the fuel amount you want and make the selection green (as in your picture), and do the same for tires. The little green background means that your selection is confirmed. Without doing that, the game will not make any changes for you.

There is no longer a secondary 'confirm' button at the bottom of that list.

Just note, you need to make those selections and turn that little box green before getting to your box. Without doing so, there is a bug that happens where the game wont make any changes because it doesnt think you want any.

So, I've tried that. Had everything set before entering the pits and the fuel level I'm adding is green. But so far, after a number of attempts, at the end of the race I'm shown dead last and I'm assuming it's due to a penalty because the sim didn't recognize I made a stop. Very frustrating. I've tried this in about 6 or 7 short races that I set up with a mandatory pit. Every one of them, I'm booted to last place.

Apparently, I've been getting it right but for some reason the sim is not giving me the credit for the pit.

So, I've tried that. Had everything set before entering the pits and the fuel level I'm adding is green. But so far, after a number of attempts, at the end of the race I'm shown dead last and I'm assuming it's due to a penalty because the sim didn't recognize I made a stop. Very frustrating. I've tried this in about 6 or 7 short races that I set up with a mandatory pit. Every one of them, I'm booted to last place.

Apparently, I've been getting it right but for some reason the sim is not giving me the credit for the pit.

Hmm, I just noticed in your picture above... If you set the rules for the race to have a mandatory pit stop, you are required to change 2 tires. Taking fuel doesnt matter. If you dont change any tires, the pit stop will no register. There is a reason for this, but I dont recall what it is at the moment.

So without taking 2 new tires, you would be hit with the 90 second time penalty at the end of the race.

If you are doing that, can you list what car/track combo, and what sort of session settings you are using?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 194 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 379 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 518 38.7%