F1 2011 Pit stop request and tire compound issue

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Do we still have a say to call for a pit stop while racing or is it only up to the race engeneer to call us in. The reason i ask is because there is no button assignement for pit stop like we used to have in F1 2010. While racing i only had the option to change the fuel mix but none to change tire compounds while racing.

(merged)Is the pit stop still fully automated?

Is the pit stop still automated and dumbed down? If so ...WHY?

One of the major parts to an F1 race is the pit stop. Seconds can be won or lost in the pits and if you stuff it up then you lose time.

If the pit stops are fully automatic ie. the game takes over from the minute you cross the pit entry line till you leave it....then Codemasters have seen the last of my cash (as a PC racer).

Maybe they should stick to only doshing out console games.

Is the pit stop still automated and dumbed down? If so ...WHY?

One of the major parts to an F1 race is the pit stop. Seconds can be won or lost in the pits and if you stuff it up then you lose time.

If the pit stops are fully automatic ie. the game takes over from the minute you cross the pit entry line till you leave it....then Codemasters have seen the last of my cash (as a PC racer).

Maybe they should stick to only doshing out console games.

You have manual control over entry and exit, but the limiter has been taken out. Not sure why and I'm also not sure why it's such a big deal. Would you prefer to have a speeding penalty?

You have manual control over entry and exit, but the limiter has been taken out. Not sure why and I'm also not sure why it's such a big deal. Would you prefer to have a speeding penalty?

No but I would like the "BE THE DRIVER"...."HAVE THE EXPERIENCE" ..."LIVE THE LIFE"...

Not such a big deal? Are you serious? Pit stops win and lose races..get it right and you win valuable seconds...get it wrong and you lose some and possibly the race!

To have this feature "fully automated" is blasphemy in a F1 "game" and shows laziness on the developers part.

They spout "wanting to give us the full F1 experience"...yet when it comes to the pit stops....you may as well go and make a cup of tea while its all happening!!!

And "limited control" behind the safety car? Yet another sign that this is nothing but a console "game".

Make a seperate game for the PC or just leave it on console....but dont try to apease the PC crowd with dumbed down features.

Surely its just about not enough available buttons to manage extra features of KERS and DRS on wheel/controller no?
I was wondering where I would find a free button now I guess I know where one comes from (pit lane speed limiter).

No but I would like the "BE THE DRIVER"...."HAVE THE EXPERIENCE" ..."LIVE THE LIFE"...

Not such a big deal? Are you serious? Pit stops win and lose races..get it right and you win valuable seconds...get it wrong and you lose some and possibly the race!

To have this feature "fully automated" is blasphemy in a F1 "game" and shows laziness on the developers part.

They spout "wanting to give us the full F1 experience"...yet when it comes to the pit stops....you may as well go and make a cup of tea while its all happening!!!

And "limited control" behind the safety car? Yet another sign that this is nothing but a console "game".

Make a seperate game for the PC or just leave it on console....but dont try to apease the PC crowd with dumbed down features.

Hey, I would like to see the Pit Limiter back as well...BUT, at least you still have manual control of entry and exit, even if it's missing the limiter.

Or is the limiter automatic in the real F1 now? I doubt it, but you never know.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 136 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 373 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 516 39.0%