Pit Lane Penalty and track extentions

EhsanMomeni

essi.racingvp
Quick question. Why don't RD make it mandatory to use this app?
https://apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/aor-acl-porsche-cup-pit-lane-penalty-app.19078/
When I race I see a lot of people extending the track, and this app does the trick, it detects if you lift off and you'll receive no warning, but if you don't lift off you get a warning, and four warnings gets you a drive-thru penalty. You also get a penalty if coming in to fast to the pits. It makes it more realistic.

Maybe something to think about as I see and read a lot about track extending.

Quick question. Why don't RD make it mandatory to use this app?
https://apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/aor-acl-porsche-cup-pit-lane-penalty-app.19078/
When I race I see a lot of people extending the track, and this app does the trick, it detects if you lift off and you'll receive no warning, but if you don't lift off you get a warning, and four warnings gets you a drive-thru penalty. You also get a penalty if coming in to fast to the pits. It makes it more realistic.

Maybe something to think about as I see and read a lot about track extending.
We discuss this every now and then since it came out. The problems are mainly two things:
1. The default track limits are not the same as the ones we enforce (2 wheels inside the white line) so the app doesn't detect a lot of cuts.

2. We have fluctuating drivers everyday from a pool of a few hundreds up to a few thousands. The only way to enforce this app is to check the server log. That's not possible for us as on the one hand the staff has to manage questions, banter, drive himself etc during the events and on the other hand because we can't kick half the grid because they have a wrong configuration or couldn't figure out how to install it in time.

Thanks though to you and to everyone who tries to make our clubs better! For a league it could be used for sure as the drivers stay the same mostly. The problem with the detection of the cuts in the first place persists though.

The real solution would be the kiss my rank server sided plugin but the one's who would configure and implement it (me) are busy with university at the moment.

Thanks for understanding :)

Thank you for the replay. Since I'm new to RD I didn't know that you had discussed this issue before. For my personally, it doesn't matter since my lap times are terrible. But I tend to see and hear a lot about track cutting, so I figured that this maybe would help.

Thank you for the great answer.

Thank you for the replay. Since I'm new to RD I didn't know that you had discussed this issue before. For my personally, it doesn't matter since my lap times are terrible. But I tend to see and hear a lot about track cutting, so I figured that this maybe would help.

Thank you for the great answer.
Yeah it's a great app - in theory - :roflmao:
I wanted to implement this so badly but there just isn't a way of doing it :(

I wish you great fun at this place no matter your pace and hope you're enjoying the clubs!
And if you see someone disrespecting the rules, report it. It's currently the only real solution, to give the guilty ones a little slap on the fingers :p

Yeah it's a great app - in theory - :roflmao:
I wanted to implement this so badly but there just isn't a way of doing it :(

I wish you great fun at this place no matter your pace and hope you're enjoying the clubs!
And if you see someone disrespecting the rules, report it. It's currently the only real solution, to give the guilty ones a little slap on the fingers :p

Thank you @RasmusP
I'm having a great time here at RD, everyone's so nice and helpful. I don't much care about my lap times (yet) as I'm trying to become more consistent, but it's great fun to race and feels more intense than driving against the AI. You guys are doing a great job! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back