PING 5000

F

Fursty

• Fursty

I am trying to host a game and my ping shows up to others as 5000. What am I doing wrong?

Theres a ongoing dispute at the moment with kpn... i had intenet +bellen ... i had to plug my phone in to the back xperia box.
So i changed back to inernet and a seperate phone line so i could always use my linkys and have my phone conected and then 1 weelk later they closed my account... they have said sorry for the error and then gave me a new account and connection, i later find out its VDSL2 .... all i bit fishy to me.....

Hmm Sounds indeed a bit strange...

I am loosing hope for you in this matter Rupe. I have just gone through a 23! paged forum thread, with exactly the same issue, and only the same reactions as you have here. It is locked by a KPN employee somewhere in 2010, saying they know theissue is there, and if there is more news about it, it will be announced in their news section. There is nothing there about.

I have seen many threads about this specific modem, all saying the same. Not possible with current firmware.

I would either suggest a different router (Not all support the telephone function, but as I understand you do not need that :)), or another provider...

Thanks for your help Marco... ive also been looooking al over for info with the same results...
think i will get a new modem... i will ask local pc shop maybe get to test a couple..(there very helpful... ITC.. Emmeloord)..if i view all info on the modems the ones that work have there firewalls unlocked,,, micronet explain it all or shows the option i want in a pdf...http://www.micronet.info/up_images/english/26/547/SP3501BM_BS Manual.pdf .. page 49... firewall.......once again Marco thanks for help and time spent..:)

Well it up and running........installed and updated the firmware. Then clicked a few setting and bingo...:)

and my ping of 5000 has gone away...........that was an expensive fix..(shame on you KPN)
And now i have the proof that the experia box doesn't work like they say....
the kpn engineer will come next week to check for himself and write a report they promised compensation if i could prove it ...:D

Hi all , Im trying to run the dedicated sever program which in its self runs fine.The problem Im having is that when i go to multiplayer and find my server the ping is 5000 and Im unable to connect. The ports I have opened are as follows :

Any 48942-48957
Any 26900-26907
Any 48958-48973

Any 27000-27050
Any 4380

and I have also assigned a static IP to my pc and turned off my Antivirus and firewall , also I DMZ the pc and still no luck , any thoughts ?

Re - Darren Pritchard's thread created yesterday and (quite correctly) pointed to this thread then locked so the dreaded 5000 ping is all in one place :

The thing to check is if others see s 5000 ping, if they see a 'normal' ping and can join then you should be able to join by going to multiplayer - LAN, where you should be able to see your server and join it.

If so I would suggest trying again with DMZ off - do it while you have someone else online - teamspeak is best, who is prepared to try joining before and after you change settings. From a security point of view its probably better if you can get it working without using DMZ.

Hope this helps.

Also worth mentioning - you should be able to reserve ip's in your router settings. If you have set up port forwarding to your server's iP its also best to reserve that ip for the server machine. This is because when you switch on the pc's they are assigned ip's by the router in the order they attach to the router, which means the server pc may find itself with a different ip - and so packets get forwarded to the original ip - so it all stops working... Note if you have set up port forwarding and reserved ip's, starting a server on a different pc on your network won't work unless you either change the rules so packets are forwarded to the new machine OR (easier) give the new server pc the reserved ip that matches the forwarding rule already in place.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 245 15.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 161 9.8%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 122 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 228 13.9%