Pinewood

Tracks Pinewood 0.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
eg01st submitted a new resource:

Pinewood GP - Fanatasy track - "My own little Nordschleife"

View attachment 336047
Hi!

I wasn't planning on uploading unfinished track initially, but I need some help with AI. I'm having low (below 60) fps with more than 15 AI cars, and I think it could be my i5 4670K being a bottleneck as it's on 99% for most of the time. Please, if you can, upload your AI races to YouTube with PC specs. Or just message me if you have problems. The track is with many turns on hills, so AI can have a lot of trouble all over the track.
I need to know if...

Read more about this resource...

I tested with 20 AI drivers.

Windows 10
Intel Core i7 4790
8GB DDR3
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

55 - 60 fps
(60 - 65 fps win no AI)
50% CPU usage

I'm having issues with CPU performance by myself too, so I guess my recordings won't help too much. Althought I absolutely love this track, the first corner looks amazing at dusk.

FPS were jumping around 38 and 50 fps with 19 AI, and that would be exact performance I have on Nordschleife as well.

I'm using Ryzen 7 2700 and RTX 2070 so I guess those are pretty lame stats for these pc specs. I'm still trying to figure out what to do to improve them. (CSP might be the issue, since I'm using the latest build)

I tested with 20 AI drivers.

Windows 10
Intel Core i7 4790
8GB DDR3
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

55 - 60 fps
(60 - 65 fps win no AI)
50% CPU usage

Thank you!
So it might be CPU problem. My gpu is 1060, and with no AI I get around 85fps on 2560x1080 screen, but my cpu is weaker so fps drops...

I notice if I have too many single object trees, in screws with the FPS overall...… not saying that is the problem, I haven't zoomed out to look... but it sounds real familiar when it came time for AI.....

I notice if I have too many single object trees, in screws with the FPS overall...… not saying that is the problem, I haven't zoomed out to look... but it sounds real familiar when it came time for AI.....
Yes, I think it's also a part of the problem. I had even more single 3d trees, then I started to delete them. I had over 6000 objects in my MAX scene, which is more than in my Roller Coaster track, which has 3x more polygons and better performance.
Right now I have 5000 objects, there will be more new things, but I will delete the trees where I can.

Yes, I think it's also a part of the problem. I had even more single 3d trees, then I started to delete them. I had over 6000 objects in my MAX scene, which is more than in my Roller Coaster track, which has 3x more polygons and better performance.
Right now I have 5000 objects, there will be more new things, but I will delete the trees where I can.
Yeah LOL.... I leaned that trick from the more experienced track builders... Using tree lines then a few 3D singles... gives the illusion that there a tons. I found all that matters is what you see out of your cockpit.... it was a HUGE leaning step that cut down FPS overkill in my case.

bug found:
Sans titre.jpg

I hate to repeat the already mentioned tree numbers, however... It's mostly the trees.

In your video you can see DIP values as high as 6000, you really want half or even a third of that.

I must admit to reverse engineering this track, (hopefully you're not overly offended) I spent 20 mins in 3DSMAX combining the trees and went from nearly 6000 objects to about 330. And that's just trees, didn't combine much else. Any yes, it does mess up the shadows. (I have faced a similar problem before also.)

There are a lot of .png textures which are not ideal for this game engine either, so I converted them to .dds.

End result?
DIP way down to 900/2500 and a solid 75fps with a full grid of cars easily @ 1440p on an RX580/Ryzen 5/32GB system. Didn't test VR.

If you can find a way to combine all those trees without making them look like ass you're on to a winner. Tracks got potential, but needs even higher resolution mesh IMHO.

I'm not keen on sharing these files with anyone else but if eg01st is interested in .kn5 / .fbx or .max files I will keep them for a few days and share with only him/her.

Cheers.

I hate to repeat the already mentioned tree numbers, however... It's mostly the trees.

In your video you can see DIP values as high as 6000, you really want half or even a third of that.

I must admit to reverse engineering this track, (hopefully you're not overly offended) I spent 20 mins in 3DSMAX combining the trees and went from nearly 6000 objects to about 330. And that's just trees, didn't combine much else. Any yes, it does mess up the shadows. (I have faced a similar problem before also.)

There are a lot of .png textures which are not ideal for this game engine either, so I converted them to .dds.

End result?
DIP way down to 900/2500 and a solid 75fps with a full grid of cars easily @ 1440p on an RX580/Ryzen 5/32GB system. Didn't test VR.

If you can find a way to combine all those trees without making them look like ass you're on to a winner. Tracks got potential, but needs even higher resolution mesh IMHO.

I'm not keen on sharing these files with anyone else but if eg01st is interested in .kn5 / .fbx or .max files I will keep them for a few days and share with only him/her.

Cheers.

Track is only 0.5, of course there are some .png textures, I'm in the process. Large ones are .dds, but some still might be .png.
Total scene is currently 4600 objects, as I'm deleting trees and etc.
This is my 3rd track and everything I do is like LilSki in AC forums suggests.

Just tested 46 cars. First lap is a disaster for the midfield, but overall it's working, even got around 40 fps. I can't find who asked me for that, but it's going to happen - one of the largest fields in AC.

Track day should work even better, when cars are evenly distributed at the beginning.

Just tested 46 cars. Ai needs some work, its bad my settings and system
Windows 10
Ryzen 3950x
64GB DDR4
Nvidia RTX 2080Ti

70 - 91 fps
50% CPU usage
View attachment 337937

Can you give more details about "bad"? Is it too slow, is it crashing? How is it behaving in 20 car race vs 46?
I think 46 AI cars will always have 2x more trouble than 20, but I'm not the best driver either to record perfect AI.
So far I do it like this:

1. Rename most 1KERB objects to 1CONCRETE, and make a build. This way AI does not try to cut the track too much and end up spinning out.
2. Record AI spline with some GT3 car.
3. Rename kerbs back to original.
4. Adjust ai_hints.ini for some off-camber corners.

Also tested with 46 cars. Started back of the grid, I only did one lap but didn't have too many problems with the AI, 4 retires.

Windows 10
Intel i7 3770
16GB RAM

Nvidia RTX 2060
Graphics at maximum
2560x1440 resolution

55 - 60 fps
60% CPU usage

Perfectly playable with my G-Sync monitor :)

Oh yeah, thanks for the track, already one of my favourite fictional circuits!

20191207205601_1.jpg
20191207205627_1.jpg

Just did the test, 46 cars (Kunos GT3), starting from the back of the grid. Pretty much all normal AC settings to max, 1080p, V-sync on at 60, CSP version 0.1.25 preview 205 + Sol and A3PP filter, everything on in CSP minus Extra FX.

Maintained a solid 60fps with a couple of very minor stutters each lap, session average fps 59.9 so perfectly playable, CPU usage around 60-70% during the race.

I7-5930K, 2x GTX980TI in SLI, 32GB DDR4 with everything left standard, no overclocking.

The AI is a bit clumsy in such a large pack, first race had to be reset as a large pile up lead to about 20 retirements. 2nd race there was only one retirement but pace is a bit inconsistent, fast in some places but very slow in others (such as the first hairpin bend).

Track looks good though, nice flow to it and I really like the exit of the first corner looking down the road ahead as the whole pack is in front.

The AI is a bit clumsy in such a large pack, first race had to be reset as a large pile up lead to about 20 retirements. 2nd race there was only one retirement but pace is a bit inconsistent, fast in some places but very slow in others (such as the first hairpin bend).

I have no idea how to make AI for so many cars. I haven't tried any track in AC with so many before, and I don't even have enough power to do so. The usual 20 cars behave better, and even 46 when they spread out.

People asked for 45 cars, and I made it. If 45 or more was the idea in the beginning, the track would look quite different.

I guess 46 cars will work ok just for track days when they leave pits one by one.

I have no idea how to make AI for so many cars. I haven't tried any track in AC with so many before, and I don't even have enough power to do so. The usual 20 cars behave better, and even 46 when they spread out.

People asked for 45 cars, and I made it. If 45 or more was the idea in the beginning, the track would look quite different.

I guess 46 cars will work ok just for track days when they leave pits one by one.
Don't get disheartend its a great piece of work I think the issue with the AI is the high curbs you have they will clip the kerb and that causes the mayhem its not my work but I would consider making them lower for a more traditional circuit layout but keep up the good work Well Done

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 109 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 285 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 414 40.0%