Pikes Peak Hill Climb v0.81: RainFX, Seasons, LightsFX and GrassFX

Misc Pikes Peak Hill Climb v0.81: RainFX, Seasons, LightsFX and GrassFX 0.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
ktulu77 submitted a new resource:

Pikes Peak Hill Climb v0.81: RainFX, Seasons, LightsFX and GrassFX - rain, grass, lights and seasons for the track Donington 1938

Custom Shader Patch config for the track Pikes Peak Hillblimb v0.81 by SimTraxx. You now have winter, autumn, lights during the night, rain, and a beautiful grass.

You can install it by enabling it as a mod or by unzipping inside your assetto corsa installation.

Help / feedback welcome.

View attachment 452460
View attachment 452465
View attachment 452462View attachment 452463View attachment 452464

Read more about this resource...

pikes-peak-hill-climb (1).jpg
pikes-peak-hill-climb (2).jpg
pikes-peak-hill-climb (3).jpg
pikes_peak (1).jpg
pikes_peak (2).jpg

With overcast and rain the terrain and the trees are still very clear at night with an overcast sky where the ambient light decreases. The rest is great!

With overcast and rain the terrain and the trees are still very clear at night with an overcast sky where the ambient light decreases. The rest is great!

Very nice screenshots. I am also using Sol 2.1 and CSP 1.74.

For the problem of the trees very clear at night, can you give me more information so I can try to fix it please ?
- what time exactly and what date (or at least season) ?
- with which sol weather ? Overcast or rain ?
- does this problem also occurs without this mod ? (I want to know if the problem is from my config or from the track). Maybe I can still fix it even if it’s from the track.
- is the problem on the last of your screenshots ? (trees on the right very green)

Feedback is very welcome, sometime it’s difficult to find the good balance for lights and colors. Did you mean that you find also the terrain to bright when it’s raining ? I could make it darker by configure it as « soaking material », I tried but there is for the moment a bug between the grass color and the terrain below not being sync when it’s raining. So I have a darker terrain and bright grass :(. What about the road ?

I'm using Sol 2.1 alpha 19 CSP 1.74
Winter at 16:00
_sol weather Heavy drizzle, heavy rain, heavy thunderstorm, tornado and hurricane the terrain turned red. Thunderstorm with red and clear terrain.

Summer at 16:00
_sol weather windy - clear terrain and trees ok. Some stretches with very light trees.
Overcast, Driizle, Heavy Drizzle was good and balanced and sometimes the terrain is clear.
Heavy rain - ok
snow.jpg
Screenshot_rtcg_alfa_giulia_gtam_simtraxx_pikes_peak_0.81_8-2-121-17-8-7.jpg
Screenshot_rtcg_alfa_giulia_gtam_simtraxx_pikes_peak_0.81_8-2-121-17-9-11.jpg
Screenshot_rtcg_alfa_giulia_gtam_simtraxx_pikes_peak_0.81_8-2-121-17-10-51.jpg
Screenshot_rtcg_alfa_giulia_gtam_simtraxx_pikes_peak_0.81_8-2-121-17-12-27.jpg
Screenshot_rtcg_alfa_giulia_gtam_simtraxx_pikes_peak_0.81_8-2-121-17-13-46.jpg

Winter and summer night at 22:00
All _sol weather terrain turns red and very light
Screenshot_rtcg_alfa_giulia_gtam_simtraxx_pikes_peak_0.81_8-2-121-17-16-55.jpg

-This only happens in this mod.
-Road is fine.
-I tried to correct the ambient light with sun config and tested all PPfilter and it remains clear.
-With rain the terrain is more balanced.

If you need more testing just let us know! Thanks for the config on this track

Thank you for your tests ! Very helpful, I am going to check this out and see what I can do. About the mountain texture, I saw it, it's even worse if you put the snow weather. I don't know where it comes from, I am going to search more ...

Ok, I took some time to look at it. There is some problems on the map:
- all the objects have emissive values, that’s why they glow at night, ant we see it more with the snow because it’s very bright. I have removed all the emissive values from objects.
- sometimes, the brighness is too different between objects, and we see the transition between them with a line. --> I have tried to fix some of them.
- the trees are completly broken, they don’t have normals, and because of this, the shadows cannot work properly (this is visible without my config). The trees must have a naming convention and start exactly on the ground. I cannot do much about this. It must be fixed in the track model
- about the mountain, it seems to be related to SOL SMOG property. I don’t manage to reproduce to have a strange color anymore, maybe removing the glow helped. I can add more SMOGE or less, as we want. But for now, I don’t know what works the best.

I am attaching the corrected file, if you could tell me what you think, that could be great. I have set a value for the smog to see how it goes.

Attachments

• simtraxx_pikes_peak_0.81.ini
    6.4 KB · Views: 162
Ok, I took some time to look at it. There is some problems on the map:
- all the objects have emissive values, that’s why they glow at night, ant we see it more with the snow because it’s very bright. I have removed all the emissive values from objects.
- sometimes, the brighness is too different between objects, and we see the transition between them with a line. --> I have tried to fix some of them.
- the trees are completly broken, they don’t have normals, and because of this, the shadows cannot work properly (this is visible without my config). The trees must have a naming convention and start exactly on the ground. I cannot do much about this. It must be fixed in the track model
- about the mountain, it seems to be related to SOL SMOG property. I don’t manage to reproduce to have a strange color anymore, maybe removing the glow helped. I can add more SMOGE or less, as we want. But for now, I don’t know what works the best.

I am attaching the corrected file, if you could tell me what you think, that could be great. I have set a value for the smog to see how it goes.

I tested all the variables I mentioned earlier and it was great! I believe the rest is Simtraxx's problem. I tested night light pollution of the -SOL_config and it was very good. The darker -SOL weather was also great with winter or not. Thanks a lot! Ambient light also looks much better and easier to configure in _Sol config. As soon as I have time to put some prints!

Good to know! I'm updating it on RaceDepartment. If you have any ideas of other tracks like this one, let me know, I like this kind of tracks. I am also doing Provence Alps of Sim Traxx.

ktulu77 updated Pikes Peak Hill Climb v0.81: RainFX, Seasons, LightsFX and GrassFX with a new update entry:

0.2: better lights

Thank you @rpenati for you feedback:

- all the objects had emissive values, that’s why they was glowing at night, ant we see it more with the snow because it’s very bright. I have removed all the emissive values from objects.
- sometimes, the brighness was too different between objects, and we see the transition between them with a line. --> I have tried to fix them.
- the trees are completly broken, they don’t have normals, and because of this, the shadows...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Good to know! I'm updating it on RaceDepartment. If you have any ideas of other tracks like this one, let me know, I like this kind of tracks. I am also doing Provence Alps of Sim Traxx.

As soon as I try other tracks I comment on the details. I also prefer this kind of track.

hello,
very nice job for the asphalt v0.81 version but could you do the same for the HC v0.3 beta version (asphalt-gravel)? or is it too complicated ?
Thanks a lot for your good job !
my pictures from the v0.3 beta asphalt-gravel :

image1.JPG

image7.JPG

image9.JPG

hello,
very nice job for the asphalt v0.81 version but could you do the same for the HC v0.3 beta version (asphalt-gravel)? or is it too complicated ?
Thanks a lot for your good job !
my pictures from the v0.3 beta asphalt-gravel :

View attachment 453772

View attachment 453773

View attachment 453801
Clouds in second picture is amazing!!!

yes on this version we can cross the clouds !!! some clouds cling to the mountain

I agree! I did tests with all _sol weather and the results were very realistic! Yesterday I tested the night with a high exponential for stars. Like the one in the photo. It was very immersive and realistic. Night light pollution too!
1615481130932.png

I'll post night photos later

By the way, does someone has the contact of the original author of Pikes Peak tracks ? I would like to edit it to make it better, I want to learn 3D a bit, this would be a good exercice to fix the trees for example, or other things ... But I need to contact the author to know if he is ok.

Maybe it's better if I do it from scratch ...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back