Pikes Peak Hill Climb v0.81: RainFX, Seasons, LightsFX and GrassFX

Misc Pikes Peak Hill Climb v0.81: RainFX, Seasons, LightsFX and GrassFX 0.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
By the way, does someone has the contact of the original author of Pikes Peak tracks ? I would like to edit it to make it better, I want to learn 3D a bit, this would be a good exercice to fix the trees for example, or other things ... But I need to contact the author to know if he is ok.

Maybe it's better if I do it from scratch ...

@SIM TRAXX on racedepartment

This is the config of the gravel version. That was quick because it seems to be a modification of the other one. The road seems very bright, I tried to make them a little less.

What do you think ?

Attachments

• simtraxx_pikes_peak_hc_v0.3.ini
    6.5 KB · Views: 220
By the way, does someone has the contact of the original author of Pikes Peak tracks ? I would like to edit it to make it better, I want to learn 3D a bit, this would be a good exercice to fix the trees for example, or other things ... But I need to contact the author to know if he is ok.

Maybe it's better if I do it from scratch ...
Simtraxx e-mail : info@simtraxx.com
and you can send a private message on Facebook Page here : https://www.facebook.com/simtraxx/

Simtraxx e-mail : info@simtraxx.com
and you can send a private message on Facebook Page here : https://www.facebook.com/simtraxx/

SIM Traxx are not the original author, they don't make original tracks, they only do conversions.
This particular version of Pikes Peak is, IIRC, a rip from one of the DIRT games.
Don't know for what game the rip was originally intended, but it was apparently done by a certain "Miro Kurek" according to the track info.

SIM Traxx are not the original author, they don't make original tracks, they only do conversions.
This particular version of Pikes Peak is, IIRC, a rip from one of the DIRT games.
Don't know for what game the rip was originally intended, but it was apparently done by a certain "Miro Kurek" according to the track info.

Ok, so thinking about the copyrights, that's not a good thing to continue on it, it would be better if I do it from scratch I guess, to be able to share with the community. Is it why this track is not on RaceDepartment ?

There is a lot of tracks from Sim Traxx, I'm not sure they do only conversions.

Ok, so thinking about the copyrights, that's not a good thing to continue on it, it would be better if I do it from scratch I guess, to be able to share with the community. Is it why this track is not on RaceDepartment ?

email from MIRO KUREK kurek.miro@gmail.com

Thanks ! Ok so it's from Richard Burns Rally initialy !

I'm trying to do some tutorials to learn Blender, but starting with Pikes Peak seems like a bad idea, very long and difficult ... I keep it in my head for later :) But I have seen some tutorials where we can start from a Google Earth extract, very interresting !

You are correct that this track would not be allowed on Race Department due to copyright concerns.
Again, AFAIK, Sim Traxx only do conversions, no original work. They are somewhat notorious in the AC modding community, and there is some controversy surrounding them, which I won't go into. But still.

Hi! This mod looks insanely good although I can't find a working link to the track itself. the google drive link from the original mod doesn't work and says I need to request access, I was wondering if you could help?? (the simtraxx link doesn't work anymore)

Hello all! I just recently got into downloading mods onto AC. I am currently having a issue with this file. When i downloaded it it shows with a yellow triangle next to the track name when selecting this track pre race, then when i am trying to launch the game an error shows with "Track Not Found". I installed it normally like the other tracks and this is the only one that is giving me this issue. I did the drag and drop for this track. Should i import it into the AC game files?

Thanks for the help!!

Doug

Attachments

• failes pikes peak file.PNG
    failes pikes peak file.PNG
    12 KB · Views: 43
Hello all! I just recently got into downloading mods onto AC. I am currently having a issue with this file. When i downloaded it it shows with a yellow triangle next to the track name when selecting this track pre race, then when i am trying to launch the game an error shows with "Track Not Found". I installed it normally like the other tracks and this is the only one that is giving me this issue. I did the drag and drop for this track. Should i import it into the AC game files?

Thanks for the help!!

Doug
Hi Doug,

The file here is "only" a config file for weather/lightning effects, NOT the actual track.

I am looking for it, too, but cannot find it anywhere... Could someone be so kind and send it, pls ?
Thanks

Hello all. I downloaded the track and installed it through content manager but the track won't appear on my track list. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back