Pikes Peak Fun Event June 29-July 3

Hello all,

The forum where my Rallyesim stable is based is hosting a Pikes Peak Hillclimb event from June 26 (the day of the actual event) til July 3.

If any of you are interested please read the below rules, pick your car classes, and let me know whether you wish to have a public session created on RSCenter or if you wish to submit HTMLS. Depending on interest I'll set up sessions as we do for rally club on Friday July 1, Saturday July 2 and Sunday July 3.

Link is directly below, but I have reprinted the rules way below. Would love to have you aboard.

Tannat

http://cmsracing.com/champion/forums...e-26-July-3rd]

pp.jpg

1st Annual CMS Pikes Peak Hillclimb - Sign up Here! June 26 / July 3rd

Champion Motorsports is proud to annouce the 1st Annual CMS Pikes Peak Hillclimb (based on RSRBR and Richard Burns Rally) to be held June 26-July 3

There will be three classes of competition:

1) 2WD-GpN1-3 GpA5-7 (exc. A7S), GpR, F2000, GT10 and VHC/GpH

2) 4WD Production- Groups N4, N4S, A7S

3) 4WD Open-A8, A8W and Group B

-Competitors may compete in a maximum of two classes.

-Car choice for each class must be declared before runs are started.

-Competitors must also provide a preferred time slot for performing public session runs when indicating car choice.

-Submission of HTML files in lieu of public sessions may be allowed but permission must be obtained in advance.

-Competitors are allowed three runs. The fastest time of the three runs will count in final placings.

Software requirements are as follows:

-Installation of Richard Burns Rally (RBR)

-RSRBR 2011 installation (rallyesim.fr - Afficher le sujet - RSRBR2011 Edition) and all mandatory updates (3,5) (rallyesim.fr - Voir le forum - RSRBR Updates)

-BTB USA stage pack (rallyesim.fr - Afficher le sujet - BTB U.S.A)

Thanks for your interest!
Last edited by tannat; 06-14-2011 at 12:25 PM.

The scenery alone is worth the drive, it gets more spectacular as you climb the mountain. You will think you are on the moon by the end. :cool:

Lol, yeah i know what you mean. It's a great stage I've only had a few attempts but never made it to the top, both occasions blown turbo or motor (high altitude?), maybe i need to look after my chariot a bit more:eek:.

I'll be keen to have a go and finally put in some decent effort to finish this one.
I will post car class & session time soon.

Thnx

And by the way guys...

I'm not Senad, and I am a working father of two.

I'll do my best to crank out results late US central time on July 3rd, but it may be the 4th until it happens.

And I'll only be reporting your best time-it will make things a bit easier for me, but I will report the first and second splits.

Thanks in advance for your understanding... :D

Is there an EU-session tonight? In that case:

Roy Magnes - Roy Magnes - Subaru Impreza 95 (class 3, A8_2)

And if I am home in time for EU on sunday - Roy Magnes - Roy Magnes - Peugeot 306 S16 (class 1, N3_2) :)

It seems like I will not make it tonight after all. There is no internet on my game-pc, but on every other machine in the house :confused: And my only definate chance of driving slips away...

edit: By a miracle I found internet (it was hiding under the couch :wink: ) with 50 seconds to go before the start of the first stage :D

Maybe it would be easier for you if everyone here said when they planned to run, so you don't waste your time on creating and juggling extra sessions?

I thought of that, but it is easier for me to go to rallyesim and create the sessions than to come here then go to rallyesim to create the sessions.

In about two hours the session limit will not be too much of a factor. All I'll need to create are RD sessions.

Thanks for the advice-sage words from a guy in your position...

I had three big offs on my first run, still only 4 seconds behind my best time from practicing yesterday.
The second run was faster in the start, but as I lost concentration towards the end I also lost some time. Still my fastest time by now with a margin of 6 seconds :)
On the third run I was on about the same splits as the previous run, but a heavy rollover towards the top ended my hope of lowering my time even further.

Still had fun, and will try to get the 306-run on sunday if I get back from my weekend trip in time :)

Thanks, James :)

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back