pikes peak deleted?

I would guess that is due to the fact Pike Peak licence is owned by Codemasters now for Dirt Rally.
So I think it will now be on the AC illegal mod list.

I was wondering if this would happen after finding out that it would be part of a forth coming update.
In Dirt Rally.

I would guess that is due to the fact Pike Peak licence is owned by Codemasters now for Dirt Rally.
So I think it will now be on the AC illegal mod list.

I was wondering if this would happen after finding out that it would be part of a forth coming update.
In Dirt Rally.
Nothing to do with Dirt Rally releasing their own (licensed) pikes peak. What makes a mod "illegal" is that the models are stolen from another modder. If you convert an rfactor track to AC without authorization from that modder then is illegal/ripped mod. Or if you take that track model from a game that doesn't allow modding, for example raceroom, is also an illegal conversion-mod if raceroom didn't let you do it.
Same with car models, if you take the 3d model from another modder or from another game, without authorization, then is also an illegal mod. Even if you do the physics, the 3d model was ripped and not your own work.
That's why such mods won't be featured in RD, AC forums, and some other websites.

And since Dirt Rally hasn't released yet the Pikes Peak track, no one could have ripped their track and converted for other games. So maybe this pikes peak mod you're looking for was made by someone in another game, and then converted to AC by someone else, maybe without authorization.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 365 15.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%